GDT: CBJ@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

freewilly

Dec 5, 2017
This is a classic Leafs letdown game- mid week, coming off a huge victory, against a team we SHOULD beat...let's see if the boys can break the trend

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Screw the point. We're on such a roll right now and #1 overall is withing reach. Two points is the goal, preferably in regulation. Why should we stop winning now?

right. however should we not win, i'd like a point. should we lose gaining the point will also help gain ground. in a game vs. CBJ, i'd like at least one point, and no injuries.

Reactions: Budsfan

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
right. however should we not win, i'd like a point. should we lose gaining the point will also help gain ground. in a game vs. CBJ, i'd like at least one point, and no injuries.

I just want a good game. Pond hockey. 5 points for each of Matthews, Nylander and Marner. Jake with 6 assists. A 7 to 6 game. Hell, I'll be watching HGTV with the wife for Valentines day anyways....

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I agree with Gary here, the expectation should be 2 points as this game is very winnable. It doesn't hurt that the team's confidence is high right now.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I agree with Gary here, the expectation should be 2 points as this game is very winnable. It doesn't hurt that the team's confidence is high right now.

that's okay.
i'm just being consistent.
division games, i always want 2 regulation points.
interconference ideally the 2, but get one and worry about the other one however. (and vs. CBJ, do not get hurt).
outer conference, just get the point.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
that's okay.
i'm just being consistent.
division games, i always want 2 regulation points.
interconference ideally the 2, but get one and worry about the other one however. (and vs. CBJ, do not get hurt).
outer conference, just get the point.

I'm setting the bar high. The goal is to win every night, period. We won't win every night of course, but that should be the goal. Whatever though, it's not as if what we think matters anyway. :laugh:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
They're both not good, but not nearly as bad as people on this board make them out to be. This place is special.

I don't think they are great announcers but what bothers me is that even when it's a regional Leafs game they don't seem to cheer for the Leafs. I don't need a huge homer but they need to at least feign enthusiasm for the Leafs.

Reactions: ThewThew

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's easy. Wednesday and Thursday Saturday Sunday games are sportsnet and Monday Tuesday Friday games are tsn

It's not always like that. Only Wednsday, Saturday, Sunday are guaranteed SN. The other days they can mix and match. We've see a few games on TSN on Thursdays because of the NFL season. We've seen Mondays and Tuesdays on SN as well. They mix and match.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Should be?
Haven't seen the lineup but it wouldn't be a surprise if it's the same one as against Tampa, no reason to change.
well one reason could be that Dermott-Polak was by far our weakest pair at 5v5. Another reason could be we don't need Polak for his PKing against the league's worst PP, like I said

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
The BJ's are an aggressive and somewhat dirty team, beat them with our speed and get in their faces to draw them into stupid penalties.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
They're both not good, but not nearly as bad as people on this board make them out to be. This place is special.
Hughson is a good commentator it's just so obvious and apparent at times that he doesn't like the Leafs, he doesn't even try to hide it. The guy is from BC and was the Vancouver Canucks regional play by play on both the radio and TV for yearssssss so I think it's obvious where his loyalties lie. His calls get less enthusiastic and lackluster when the Leafs are winning games, especially his call on our overtime win in Game 2 vs the Caps it was one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard. "Fewer things are better than a Saturday night victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs" after we lost to the Canucks back in December is also another gem from him. Douchebag.

Reactions: TroyTooSlick

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
well one reason could be that Dermott-Polak was by far our weakest pair at 5v5. Another reason could be we don't need Polak for his PKing against the league's worst PP, like I said
Well he's in so perhaps your reasons aren't as important as you think they are..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad