GDT: CBJ@Leafs 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I agree but I don't see much of a difference in quality of player between Carrick and Polak except that one has size and the other does not. Honestly I'd still be running Holl in there.

Can they bring Holl up without sending down one of Kapanen or Dermott/losing a player on waivers (excluding a trade)? If they can, then yes, I'd prefer they went with him as well.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Last 5 games the Jackets have managed 49, 39, 37, 50 and 51 shots.

That's 45 shots a game. Granted 2 were against the Isles who bleed shots, but yeah.
I wonder how many of them were actually high danger chances. Still they're letting everything go to the net and hopefully Andersen and the d crew are ready for that.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
There are things posted here that confuse me, that's not one of them.
So defensive, good luck with that.

It's not like Carrick is this amazing defense men either. Who our sixth D is really doesn't have a huge impact but he's the new Hyman lately.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I agree but I don't see much of a difference in quality of player between Carrick and Polak except that one has size and the other does not. Honestly I'd still be running Holl in there.
There is a marginal difference between most bottom pair players.
I'd like to see Holl as well.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Can they bring Holl up without sending down one of Kapanen or Dermott/losing a player on waivers (excluding a trade)? If they can, then yes, I'd prefer they went with him as well.

They would have to clear roster space to send him up, only Kapanen and Dermott could be sent down without waivers.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

yeah I'd rather see Holl for sure

Honestly that 6th RD needs to be pushed down by acquiring a better top pair option, and Polak will be gone after this season. Ideally in the future (next year or 2) I'd like to see this:
Rielly - X
Dermott - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Holl/Liljegren

Reactions: ACC1224

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
They would have to clear roster space to send him up, only Kapanen and Dermott could be sent down without waivers.

That's what I thought. I'm hoping we get another look at Holl once the rosters expand, or a trade happens.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Depends on how much they play imo

If there getting 7-10 minutes a night 5v5 it probably doesn't make much difference but if your giving them 16-18 minutes a night things change a bit

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Honestly that 6th RD needs to be pushed down by acquiring a better top pair option, and Polak will be gone after this season. Ideally in the future (next year or 2) I'd like to see this:
Rielly - X
Dermott - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Holl/Liljegren

Where is Gardiner?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Rielly - X
Dermott - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Holl/Liljegren
looks good to me. I don't like that our top RHD is a 36 year old dude who shoots left, but we have Liljegren to hopefully take that spot one day

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Where is Gardiner?
Traded in the offseason or at the deadline next year

looks good to me. I don't like that our top RHD is a 36 year old dude who shoots left, but we have Liljegren to hopefully take that spot one day
Yeah Hainsey does a good job insulating the kids so that's why I like him on the 3rd pair on his strong hand with some more kids even when he ages more. There's no way he can keep up what he's doing for a few more years so we still need to look at replacing him and forcing him down the lineup.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Traded in the offseason or at the deadline next year

Yeah Hainsey does a good job insulating the kids so that's why I like him on the 3rd pair on his strong hand with some more kids even when he ages more. There's no way he can keep up what he's doing for a few more years so we still need to look at replacing him and forcing him down the lineup.
yeah Hainsey - Liljegren would be an awesome 3rd pairing for us assuming Hainsey can maintain his form for another year. we do need a top pairing RD though, and I don't think we can bank on Zaitsev. Carlsson is a pending free agent and he might be good

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
yeah Hainsey - Liljegren would be an awesome 3rd pairing for us assuming Hainsey can maintain his form for another year. we do need a top pairing RD though, and I don't think we can bank on Zaitsev. Carlsson is a pending free agent and he might be good
I don't think we can bank on Liljegren either. We all hope he will become a top pair D but it might never happen or it might take 5-6 years like Rielly. I think we need to make a move on a top pair RD instead of waiting out our only prospect that has a chance. Doughty would be unreal, but I would definitely be looking into Carlson as well.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
What about the big Russian they are signing in May? RH shot RD with size...maybe he pans out at least as good as Zaitsev....... ;) I doubt it, but who knows! John Carlson would be a great addition via FA if the price is right.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't think we can bank on Liljegren either. We all hope he will become a top pair D but it might never happen or it might take 5-6 years like Rielly. I think we need to make a move on a top pair RD instead of waiting out our only prospect that has a chance. Doughty would be unreal, but I would definitely be looking into Carlson as well.
personally I think Lilly will eventually be a top pairing RHD, but not any time soon. Doughty is probably a bit out of reach unfortunately. Carlson would be great to add though

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
What about the big Russian they are signing in May? RH shot RD with size...maybe he pans out at least as good as Zaitsev....... ;) I doubt it, but who knows! John Carlson would be a great addition via FA if the price is right.
I've never seen him play but he sounds like a Polak replacement or a depth move.

ThewThew

Oct 14, 2017
The Metro division is tight right now, they’re going to come hard at us.

GO LEAFS GO

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Ozhiganov?

Supposedly he's coming. What's funny though is Marchenko has basically blocked him on both CSKA and the OAR team.

It's a little bit concerning that he wasn't able to crack that team.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I know some people think it’s a useless stat but Matthews and nylander are plus 26 and 21! That to me shows they score a lot and they don’t concede many goals against. Especially at such a young age,
These guys are only going to get better with time.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Mike Babcock on keeping the club competitive and avoiding complacency through their winning streak:
Well, we haven’t beaten Columbus this year. They’ve got 50 shots their last two games . Smacked us around a couple of times [this year]. Sun comes up everyday, so I know all that stuff. It’s a great day to be alive. We’re all in the National Hockey League today. There’s no better place to be.
The team we’re playing today — I just checked the standings — they’re right there, and so they’re going to be all in. You can count on it. We have to be all in, as well. We’re trying to get better and we’re pursuing teams ahead of us. We’re trying to take a step, and the step is to play each and every day. Complacency sets in for all people. It’s the success disease. We all know that. If you’ve got enough grinders, it doesn’t set in as fast.​
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Columbus Blue Jackets – Game #59 Preview, Projected Lines & TV Info | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad