CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Only fitting that the 2 best teams meet in the finals and it gives me one last chance to overcome trading Ulmark to you and for expanding the league to let you in. ;) You're the heavy favorite with your roster. Its David vs Goliath.

you’re waffle hares?! my team is stacked lol no lie. probably the best roster i’ve ever had in my 12+ years of fantasy hockey!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
you’re waffle hares?! my team is stacked lol no lie. probably the best roster i’ve ever had in my 12+ years of fantasy hockey!
Why is that surprising? I may be old and not know how to determine if a guy is a good skater but I seem to have a knack for this fantasy stuff (as it applies to hockey). Anyway I agree your roster is stacked. I long for the days when I had my own powerhouse duo of Pastrnak & Rantennen backed up by Landeskog & Bergeron.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Why is that surprising? I may be old and not know how to determine if a guy is a good skater but I seem to have a knack for this fantasy stuff (as it applies to hockey). Anyway I agree your roster is stacked. I long for the days when I had my own powerhouse duo of Pastrnak & Rantennen backed up by Landeskog & Bergeron.

it’s not surprising. I just had no idea. I had been trying to figure out who it was, that’s all.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
it’s not surprising. I just had no idea. I had been trying to figure out who it was, that’s all.

I am the guy you made ridiculous trade offers to that I countered with more ridiculous trade offers. And then we played in the semifinals.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I am the guy you made ridiculous trade offers to that I countered with more ridiculous trade offers. And then we played in the semifinals.

ridiculous trade offers? what did I offer? lol good matchup last week. came down to goaltending.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Congrats to I3LI3 for winning the league in convincing fashion. My gambit of trying to outgoalie you failed although they did pile up 10 wins and a shutout in the final round. :bow:

Reactions: I3LI3

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
to all who are in the fantasy hockey league, i’d like to make a proposal for this season. I would love if we would start to do a keeper prospect league. the thought of drafting prospects is super exciting to me. I did that this year in fantasy baseball for the first time
and it made it so much more fun.

let me know your thoughts.

- (defending champ ;))

Reactions: squashmaple

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
My longtime dynasty league in Fantrax folded this summer because a couple guys had new babies and no one had the time to dedicate like we wanted to. I’m definitely interested.

(I was also my league’s champion this season!)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
How would this work? If it is just drafting a few prospects I can live with it. If it is a whole team ugh. I am assuming all prospects across all teams?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm down with whatever. Does Yahoo do prospects are would we need to go somewhere else?
I don't think they do prospects. Apparently Fantrax does per Squashmaple's post above.

I'm down with whatever. Does Yahoo do prospects are would we need to go somewhere else?
I don't think they do prospects. Apparently Fantrax does per Squashmaple's post above.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I like the casual nature of it as is. I don’t want anything where I spend more time than I already do. Too busy with real life to spend much time with fantasy sports like I once did.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
My longtime dynasty league in Fantrax folded this summer because a couple guys had new babies and no one had the time to dedicate like we wanted to. I’m definitely interested.

(I was also my league’s champion this season!)
it seems like me you and @Jovavic and possibly @EspenK are the ones interested. I’d be willing to try and start up a seperate prospects/keeper league, if not i’ll just try and find one.

my fantasy yahoo baseball league is keepers/prospects. so i’d imagine yahoo has the ability to do a hockey keeper/prospect league

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
it seems like me you and @Jovavic and possibly @EspenK are the ones interested. I’d be willing to try and start up a seperate prospects/keeper league, if not i’ll just try and find one.

my fantasy yahoo baseball league is keepers/prospects. so i’d imagine yahoo has the ability to do a hockey keeper/prospect league
A couple guys from my old league might be interested. They’re mostly Blues and Caps fans I met on reddit years back.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I am thiinking the Monday night before the season starts would be ideal. Should know current status of all players (and coaches?) I'll email the league for agreement or alternative suggestions.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hey guys, I have emailed the league )CBJ 3 Keeper) twice now and have yet to hear back from anyone.

Are you getting the emails?

Draft scheduled 10/9 the night before the season starts. 7 pm edt

Everybody in? Anybody out?

Inquiring commish needs to hear something.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Gotta draft starting tonight, just wondering if Jiricek is gonna crack your guys opening night lineup this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad