CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
I would like to attempt to follow up my rookie campaign's regular season second-place and "Oh God why are all my players playing poorly during the playoffs?" fifth-place finish in the Prospect League...if we get a season...

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
on a side note, the Yahoo Fantasy default rankings have R Nash at number 16 [and the first NYR player ranked]...last year iirc, he was 31 in the rankings...hmmmm, how a change of scenery can make a difference!!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
on a side note, the Yahoo Fantasy default rankings have R Nash at number 16 [and the first NYR player ranked]...last year iirc, he was 31 in the rankings...hmmmm, how a change of scenery can make a difference!!
And this matters to us because... why?

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If you're not interested in people posting what Rick Nash is up to after he has left Columbus, perhaps this forum isn't for you.

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
Rick Nash isn't a Blue Jacket any more, though. I fail to see the point of that post beyond "lol you guys suck".
...wow, first post [season ticket holder since '06, fan since day one] and I get lambasted...thought a little fantasy hockey info on our 'former' captain would be of interest to some....

Last edited by a moderator:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
...wow, first post [season ticket holder since '06, fan since day one] and I get lambasted...thought a little fantasy hockey info on our 'former' captain would be of interest to some....

Keep posting, it won't be the last time you get jumped. Fortunately, it's only the Internet and the wounds are superficial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Columbus GM Connected

hey I was wondering if any of u guys would like to join my league as Columbus for NHL 13. I want to get it filled up today and Columbus and Nashville are the only 2 teams without a GM. This is for the xbox 360

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sorry. Normally I try to be more welcoming, but this summer has turned me into even more of a raging ***** than usual.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Help Me Be Successful as Be A GM on NHL 13

So, I have taken the reigns of the Columbus Blue Jackets. What are your strengths, weaknesses, and where should I be looking for improvement first, besides my own video gaming ability. :laugh:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Hows Alberts + Tochkin + 2013 4th + 2014 4th for Lebda and Prospal sound?

I originally wanted Alberts + Sauve for Prospal, or just Sauve and a pick(I suggested 2014 4th), but he countered with the first one listed.

He wants Prospal, and I figure if I'm going to give him up, might as well get some young players in return. What do you guys think?

I really wish I knew the Blue Jackets more!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hows Alberts + Tochkin + 2013 4th + 2014 4th for Lebda and Prospal sound?

I originally wanted Alberts + Sauve for Prospal, or just Sauve and a pick(I suggested 2014 4th), but he countered with the first one listed.

He wants Prospal, and I figure if I'm going to give him up, might as well get some young players in return. What do you guys think?

I really wish I knew the Blue Jackets more!
What sort of fantasy context are we talking about? I'm guessing "simulated NHL GMs" or similar based on the context, but I could be off.

Based on that guess, tho, my inclination up front would be that the basis of this deal is generally bad, 'cause you're talking about a blueliner that would be utterly worthless here and Yet Another Undersized Right Wing. Trying to pick up blueliners here is a Bad Thing. We have tons - and that's including consideration of the fact that we don't have Lebda anymore. :) What we need are more forwards.

(In the real world, for reference, we wouldn't trade Prospal at all for blood or money, 'cause he's made a commitment to the org to be part of the front office after he retires and he's great for the locker room. So no deal would be acceptable! :D )

EDIT: Oh for G-d's sake, me. It literally took me twelve hours to realize you're still talking about NHL13. :blush:
Well, okay, at least the advice still holds as written. :D

Last edited:

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
Defense would be the only thing on the squad that I would consider a strength, unless you count bottom six forwards.

If only we could transmute them. Then we'd have some scoring!

Hor-cube-transmute.jpg

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
If only we could transmute them. Then we'd have some scoring!

Hor-cube-transmute.jpg

Ha, a Diablo 2 reference is the last thing I'd have expected to see here. (I just started playing it a couple months ago.) This team needs a player equivalent to a Zod rune. :laugh:

As for fantasy hockey, considering I'm eligible to move up out of the Prospect League with my 2nd place finish and my first season in the new league would be affected by a lockout bums me out.

Kovalchuk17

Oct 3, 2011
Looking for a Jackets Player (GM CONNECTED)

I'm looking to get a Jackets fan to join up in my Xbox 360 GM Connected league, Jackets are the last team left so if you're interested in playing just post or PM me. We're hoping to start playing later today or tomorrow, hope to find someone :)

Last edited:

Kovalchuk17

Oct 3, 2011
I'm looking to get a Jackets fan to join up in my Xbox 360 GM Connected league, Jackets are the last team left so if you're interested in playing just post or PM me. We're hoping to start playing later today or tomorrow, hope to find someone :)

Anyone?

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
Mason or Bobrovsky

Hey guys, I'm playing in a keeper league and im not sure which of the two to pick. Besides these two is just a bunch of old backups left so I narrowed it down between the two.

I need help so i thought who better to ask than CBJ fans, out of the two who's expected to get the most starts/be the #1?

Is it Mason? Or is it going to be like a 41 games each kind of deal?

Thanks.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Hey guys, I'm playing in a keeper league and im not sure which of the two to pick. Besides these two is just a bunch of old backups left so I narrowed it down between the two.

I need help so i thought who better to ask than CBJ fans, out of the two who's expected to get the most starts/be the #1?

Is it Mason? Or is it going to be like a 41 games each kind of deal?

Thanks.

Most of us around here hope it's Bobrovsky who takes the mantle when the season finally kicks off. You are very optimistic to think that there will be 82 games played.

Post these in the sticky fantasy thread, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->