Value of: CBJ: Boone Jenner, Ryan Murray and a #1 for......what?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Uhh a player like Nathan MacKinnon or Leon Draisaitl better be coming back in return if those two players are packaged together with a first

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
Uhh a player like Nathan MacKinnon or Leon Draisaitl better be coming back in return if those two players are packaged together with a first

That package wouldn't come close to getting either player. Jenner's a 30-40 point forward and Murray was 5th in ATOI on Columbus' defense. Add a mid 1st and that doesn't do much.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Dunno Jenner or Murray's cap hit, but I gotta think Chicago would take that for Panarin. They need depth and Panarin's about the only tradeable asset they have with no NMC.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
That package wouldn't come close to getting either player. Jenner's a 30-40 point forward and Murray was 5th in ATOI on Columbus' defense. Add a mid 1st and that doesn't do much.

Yeah, I think that is right.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Lol, measuring Murray's value by his TOI.

He plays tough minutes on ES and PK, would play PP as well if we weren't so loaded in our top 4. Just because he's expendable doesn't mean he's of lesser value.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Lol, measuring Murray's value by his TOI.

He plays tough minutes on ES and PK, would play PP as well if we weren't so loaded in our top 4. Just because he's expendable doesn't mean he's of lesser value.

If you don't like ATOI as a reference, you can look at his underlying possession statistics (CF% and FF%), which were really bad this season, particularly in relation to his teammates. He also has a lengthy injury history and Kekalainen and Davidson made season ending comments about him in which they essentially referred to him as a 3rd pairing defender on Columbus at a career crossroads.

Some teams would still value him, but not as a principal piece for a Draisaitl or MacKinnon. I think that viewpoint is utterly out of touch with reality.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
If you don't like ATOI as a reference, you can look at his underlying possession statistics (CF% and FF%), which were really bad this season, particularly in relation to his teammates. He also has a lengthy injury history and Kekalainen and Davidson made season ending comments about him in which they essentially referred to him as a 3rd pairing defender on Columbus at a career crossroads.

Some teams would still value him, but not as a principal piece for a Draisaitl or MacKinnon. I think that viewpoint is utterly out of touch with reality.
CBJ fans don't see him nearly on Drai or MacK's level in terms of value. But we do think he'd be a reasonable main piece in a trade for Duchene.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
CBJ fans don't see him nearly on Drai or MacK's level in terms of value. But we do think he'd be a reasonable main piece in a trade for Duchene.

I am not sure that is the case, particularly since he is not that much younger than Duchene (turning 24 before the start of next season). The Avs have been emphatic about wanting to add players/prospects in the 19-21 year old range.

It seems to me that if posters are going to view Duchene's value as having declined based on this past season, it would be logically consistent to at least view Murray in the same light. Murray had a stronger season in 2015-2016, but took a step back in some respects last season. It may be situational, with the growth and development of players in the lineup.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Just to backup, I don't want it to come across as if I am bashing Murray. I like him, particularly his intangibles. Injuries may have derailed his early development and by the time he became healthier, he was faced with a situation in which Jones and Werenski had supplanted him, along with veterans Johnson and Savard. Like I said, some of his struggles may be situational. His struggles also may be amplified by virtue of the expectations surrounding him. It may be that he just needs a change in scenery.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Just when I thought some Jackets fans were overrating their players, a Leaf fan had to come in and take the grand prize of player overrating in a thread...

Now back on topic, what would you like on the Flames for this package? Do you see Murray staying healthy (Just from a hypothesis)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad