Value of: CBJ: Boone Jenner, Ryan Murray and a #1 for......what?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Ryan Murray would fit well on the Jets.
Leaving out Jenner & the 1st what do you see as realistic?

A 1-for-1 swap of Murray for Bryan Little?

At the beginning of the season, a Murray+ for Trouba swap was discussed (iirc the Jets were basically looking for a LHD replacement for Trouba). Not sure if that still would be considered by Winnipeg though.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I'm sorry, but after Jenner's lackluster season & Murray's injury history + less than stellar possesion numbers, I don't think that package is as valuable as others think.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Wouldn't move Duchesne for this package. Murray is OK but Jenner is massively overrated. Replace him with a good young prospect instead.

Lol at the idea of this package bring worth Mackinnon or Draisaitl.

Some serious overeating of CBJ players on here. But it's no surprise looking at the posters making those posts.
No CBJ fan would say that's fair for either Mack or Drai... Saying the players they want is the reason those names are mentioned.

Why exactly is Boone overrated? A slow start doesn't make a player overrated just look at the 2nd half of the year. The 1st half of the year the rest of the team was scoring so much there just wasn't enough to go around. He has scored 30 already though he is more of a 25-20 ish line could be a steady 50 pointer if you have a play making C with him.

Murray is never going to get a fair shake from people who don't watch and want to keep false narratives going so there is no reason to even talk about him anymore. Just let people keep saying he's a 6D (not you specifically but the rest of the thread)

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
A 1-for-1 swap of Murray for Bryan Little?

At the beginning of the season, a Murray+ for Trouba swap was discussed (iirc the Jets were basically looking for a LHD replacement for Trouba). Not sure if that still would be considered by Winnipeg though.

A tough 1 but I think Chevy would add Murray in that scenario. The Jets do have plenty of forwards so bring up yet another rookie or shift Perreault back to center. I assume you are expecting more moves (a separate Jenner trade maybe) as Little does carry about $2 million more in cap.
I'm pretty sure Trouba is off the table but with Jones, Werenski, Johnson & Savard I agree the forward is a bigger need for Columbus.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Stunned by some of these asks. This package is really not that impressive. I see a middle-6 forward, a middle pairing defensemen, and a mid 1st in a weak draft. It's quantity, and I doubt much quality will be offered in return.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
A tough 1 but I think Chevy would add Murray in that scenario. The Jets do have plenty of forwards so bring up yet another rookie or shift Perreault back to center. I assume you are expecting more moves (a separate Jenner trade maybe) as Little does carry about $2 million more in cap.
I'm pretty sure Trouba is off the table but with Jones, Werenski, Johnson & Savard I agree the forward is a bigger need for Columbus.

It would have to happen after the expansion draft assuming that Johnson isn't taken. But yeah, that's fair value for Murray 1-for-1. Salary isn't really much of an issue next year, especially if Wennberg is signed to a bridge deal <4M. I think a lot of CBJ fans expect Hartnell to be bought out either this summer or next. A move like this also allows Dubois some time to break into the league if he's not ready for full-time C duties.

Saad-Little-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Hartnell/Calvert-Sedlak-Dubois

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
It would have to happen after the expansion draft assuming that Johnson isn't taken. But yeah, that's fair value for Murray 1-for-1. Salary isn't really much of an issue next year, especially if Wennberg is signed to a bridge deal <4M. I think a lot of CBJ fans expect Hartnell to be bought out either this summer or next. A move like this also allows Dubois some time to break into the league if he's not ready for full-time C duties.

Saad-Little-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Hartnell/Calvert-Sedlak-Dubois
Not bad. I could see Hartnell traded (if he agrees) with some retention for a decent (not great) prospect just for leadership to a younger team. @ 3-3.5 he's still a player, good in the locker room & great for the community. LV could use him just for the good PR (a later trade rather than use the pick in the draft).

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Something around

S. Reinhart
M. Foligno

For some combo of
B. Jenner
R. Murray

What does Buffalo need to add? what else do the Blue Jackets need? Is Hartnell a dump? I'd take him on if Buffalo is able to dispose one of Ennis Moulson via Expansion/Trade in addition to another add from Buffalo's end.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
thats a high value package... i cant realy think of anything that would make sense. and the expension draft makes it even more tricky

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Something around

S. Reinhart
M. Foligno

For some combo of
B. Jenner
R. Murray

What does Buffalo need to add? what else do the Blue Jackets need? Is Hartnell a dump? I'd take him on if Buffalo is able to dispose one of Ennis Moulson via Expansion/Trade in addition to another add from Buffalo's end.
Likely Hartnell is kept or bought out. I don't see him waving unless it's a lock cup contender.

I'd think there is a deal that can be made are Murray and Reinhart with adds where needed but I only see Murray and Jenner going if the C is proven. Jenner scored 30 just a season ago and wears an A being very young. Murray was our top pair LHD until Werenski knocked him to the bottom pair because Savard and JJ just don't get split up. So a 2/3 D who is 23 and shown he can be a shut down guy plus Jenner who is a good young top 6 forward is a big price. Win Murray was out we were barely a .500 team so you can see how much he means to us but he is only available because we have 6 U23 dmen plus JJ and Savard who are NHL ready but no true 1C. We only move Murray because excess just like Jones only being moves for ryjo because the preds had depth.

All that said I do Murray for Reinhart as long as JJ doesn't get taken in the draft.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I would have interest in both Jenner and Murray but I do not think the Leafs have the trading assets for both.
Jenner would be perfect on a line with Marner, to provide the heavy factor I believe we are missing.
Not sure what Columbus would want for Jenner.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Something around

S. Reinhart
M. Foligno

For some combo of
B. Jenner
R. Murray

Mmmmaybe. Would prefer some sort of way to mitigate the risk of Reinhart not developing further.

* * *​
I would have interest in both Jenner and Murray but I do not think the Leafs have the trading assets for both.
They do; it's just that the assets in question are ones the Leafs would (understandably) prefer to keep.

* * *​
This guy?

There's properly valuing hear and soul contributors, and then there's this

I prefer to think of that as "ask a silly question, get a silly answer". ;)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Mmmmaybe. Would prefer some sort of way to mitigate the risk of Reinhart not developing further.

* * *​

They do; it's just that the assets in question are ones the Leafs would (understandably) prefer to keep.

* * *​

I prefer to think of that as "ask a silly question, get a silly answer". ;)

And what would be the ask/expect from Columbus for Jenner?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And what would be the ask/expect from Columbus for Jenner?
Jenner alone? Can't think of anything that would make sense. We've got no particular need to move him. Our only real team need is a #1C or probable #1C, and Jenner isn't going to bring that in by himself. Beyond that, pretty much any moves would be unnecessarily lateral.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Giroux is worth much more. No chance.

Signs point to Giroux to be a declining asset, but unfortunately for Philly, his contract will remain steady at 8.275 million through '22

I'd be looking to unload that contract ASAP

Brent Burns Beard