Value of: CBJ: Boone Jenner, Ryan Murray and a #1 for......what?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't think a player like what the OP is looking for is out there. They'd better be getting a legit #1C for that price, not a winger, and I don't see any out there.
I'd be willing to presume eventual NHL #1C ability on the part of William Nylander for purposes of that deal (as opposed to others insisting he is only and will forever remain a winger). But that supposes that the Leafs are willing to give him up, like, at all. (And even asking is likely to provoke a "no, you give us Jones/Werenski" "no, for them you give us Matthews" one-upsmanship flamewar...)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
You should check out Boone Jenner's possession numbers, and I'm pretty sure that's playing the wing too.

I don't think you understood the context of my post. RNH is overpaid for his production, while Jenner is being paid less than 3M to be a middle-six winger.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
RNH would be terrible for us, Stepan is similar price for twice the player.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I'm assuming Columbus fans value Dubois more than Jenner? Thinking that ELC and Jenner being a yer away from a bigger contract will impact that valuation.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm assuming Columbus fans value Dubois more than Jenner? Thinking that ELC and Jenner being a yer away from a bigger contract will impact that valuation.
Only because we 100% need a 1C not because of anything else.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Lol, measuring Murray's value by his TOI.

He plays tough minutes on ES and PK, would play PP as well if we weren't so loaded in our top 4. Just because he's expendable doesn't mean he's of lesser value.

Nurse edm 1st and Maroon for werenski then. That's what that package is to us in relation to that package for Draisaitl

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Only because we 100% need a 1C not because of anything else.

No. It's because he was drafted 3rd overall and our scouting and FO view him to be not that far behind Laine and Matthew's. Jenner doesnt have much untapped potential, where as with Dubois the sky is the limit.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'd be willing to presume eventual NHL #1C ability on the part of William Nylander for purposes of that deal (as opposed to others insisting he is only and will forever remain a winger). But that supposes that the Leafs are willing to give him up, like, at all. (And even asking is likely to provoke a "no, you give us Jones/Werenski" "no, for them you give us Matthews" one-upsmanship flamewar...)

Pretty much this.
Which is why I said the Leafs probably don't have the right pieces to make a deal.
When trading, the Leafs are currently in this position:

1. The high value players they won't move for anything less than a serious overpayment.
2. The middle where the Leafs are lacking in depth. A step down from the above but talented enough to help teams with holes in their lineup and get the deals done.
3. The players everyone says is not enough.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
No. It's because he was drafted 3rd overall and our scouting and FO view him to be not that far behind Laine and Matthew's. Jenner doesnt have much untapped potential, where as with Dubois the sky is the limit.
They certainly don't think THAT high about him but certainly high. Obviously high enough to pick him over the consensus #3 and have no 2nd thoughts pulling the trigger on it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
They certainly don't think THAT high about him but certainly high. Obviously high enough to pick him over the consensus #3 and have no 2nd thoughts pulling the trigger on it.

Exactly why I said almost. If he was at their level he would have made the team and made a impact. But even if it takes another season before he sticks he could easily have a similar impact they did. And unlike Matthew's he won't be needed to carry the team. He should be able to be put in the best situation for him and the team to succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad