Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
So I was right all along in assuming he didn't have much to work with on his team, just watching him in the WJC I couldn't figure out any other reason why he wasn't producing more in college.

31% involvement in goals scored is Eichel like #'s before he got injured. I wonder what that % goes up to with goals scored with him on the ice, I think Eichel was around 50%.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I eat crow on my draft comments on this guy, although, Vilardi would've been a good choice at our spot as well.

Anyways...Can't wait for seeing what he does next year!

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I eat crow on my draft comments on this guy, although, Vilardi would've been a good choice at our spot as well.

Anyways...Can't wait for seeing what he does next year!
I thought we would and I wanted to pick Vilardi based on highlights, rankings and reports, but I did acknowledge scouting departments should know better than me once they picked Mittelstadt. It turns out both seem pretty decent picks but Im glad we picked Casey as he seems the better prospect of the two.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm sure this THN ranking will have him burned in effigy in Vancouver well before he ever sets foot in the rink.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Gophers need three of the four below to happen over the next two weekends to be eliminated:

ECAC - Cornell or Clarkson doesn't win tourney
HEA - Northeastern or Providence doesn't win tourney
WCHA - MNSU doesn't win tourney
NCHC - SCSU, DU, or UMD doesn't win tourney
Following up, MNSU losing today in the WCHA tourney means one less at-large bid, as that's one of the three auto bids needed to eliminate the Gophers from the post-season. Still need two of the other three though: (a) Harvard/Princeton need two more wins in ECAC tourney rather than a Cornell/Clarkson winner; (b) BU/BC semifinal winner needs to beat NOE/PC in the HEA final; or (c) UND wins the NCHC tourney rather than SCSU, DU, or UMD.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
NHL/AHL definitely feels like the right move for him next year. He needs to learn the pro game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The Irish and Buckeyes are tied 2-2 under 4:00 to go in the third.

Denver is up 3-0 at the start of the third.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting hearing the NCHC championship broadcast talking about how Casey was at the rink to watch last night's semi-final game and was at the MN state highschool championship games last weekend.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I kind of feel guilty for this.. But after seeing Mittelstadt at WJC, i'm ready for the Sabres to sign him and get him on a path towards AHL/NHL asap.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I kind of feel guilty for this.. But after seeing Mittelstadt at WJC, i'm ready for the Sabres to sign him and get him on a path towards AHL/NHL asap.

I do too. I've watched more Gopher games this year than any other NCAA team. Lucia did this to himself, as did the upperclassman who generally fell flat (Sheehy, Bristedt, Novak).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00