Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I hope he goes back for one more year...

I don't

His team is bad and watching him be the best player all over the ice and then have no one finish for him most nights is something I'm already done with.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't

His team is bad and watching him be the best player all over the ice and then have no one finish for him most nights is something I'm already done with.

I've been slow in getting to that point, but I'm there now. He's putting up in the important moments but there is just so little that happens when it isn't coming off his stick. And the lack of finish leads him to trade too often to break people down with his stickhandling. I don't like that habit since it isn't something that looks like it will translate to the next level.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Another amazing shift, one dangerous shot off his stick, then feeds Lindgren on a backdoor play that nearly ties it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And that's the game. 6-5 PSU.

It'll probably take a week to know that Minny is out of the tournament and then it's up to Botts to get him signed.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
13th is much safer than 14th though, so odds favor Gophers squeaking in (because of their strength of schedule). An Omaha comeback win would push them to 14th tonight, but they're 0/6 on PP and that doesn't look in the cards; UMD's also not a pushover. NMU blew a game vs UAH, so they won't be a threat to overtake them anymore via their tournament if they bust out tomorrow. In sum, need three of four conference (ECAC, HEA, NCHC, WCHA) tourney winners to steal at-large bids at 13th to be eliminated, as opposed to two at 14th or one at 15th. Four B1G tourney particpants look in, while Atlantic tourney winner's the 16th.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
So if he's signed he'd likely get a taste up in the NHL, and play in Rochester in the playoffs, and then he'd have to be here or Rochester next year, do I have that correct?

Would we throw him into NHL games first or AHL first? Would he stay in the NHL the whole time if the former? until AHL playoffs start?

I don't think I'd mind him in Rochester next year, with a coach that appears to be legit and a roster that will only get more solidified with veteran leaders hopefully. And of course, if he fought his way onto the NHL team next year that would be a nice turn of events. I wouldn't mind if he still needs time though.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Dotcomm can confirm or not, but I'm fairly certain that Mittelstadt cannot play for the Amerks if he signs a NHL deal and plays games in Buffalo in order to burn a year. I'd love to see Casey take an ATO to play in Rochester for the remainder of the year, and then sign after the season.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
So if he's signed he'd likely get a taste up in the NHL, and play in Rochester in the playoffs, and then he'd have to be here or Rochester next year, do I have that correct?
Not an option. If he plays in the NHL this season, he can't be sent down. He could, in theory, do what McAvoy did last year and sign an ATO in the AHL without signing an ELC right away and then go play in the NHL after a few AHL games, but considering the Sabres situation there's absolutely no reason to do something like that. Either sign him to an ELC that starts now (as of Minnesota's post-season elimination, that is) or sign him to an ELC that starts next season and an ATO with Rochester.

That's assuming he decides to go pro this year, of course.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Not an option. If he plays in the NHL this season, he can't be sent down. He could, in theory, do what McAvoy did last year and sign an ATO in the AHL without signing an ELC right away and then go play in the NHL after a few AHL games, but considering the Sabres situation there's absolutely no reason to do something like that. Either sign him to an ELC that starts now (as of Minnesota's post-season elimination, that is) or sign him to an ELC that starts next season and an ATO with Rochester.

That's assuming he decides to go pro this year, of course.
Thanks.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
If he signs an ELC and plays in Rochester does that burn a year?
1) If Mittelstadt is in Rochester after he signs his ELC, then he's signed a 3 year ELC that starts next season, not this season. His contract will not be able to slide next season.
2) If Mittelstadt signs an ELC that starts this season (which means he's in Buffalo), he will "burn" a year of his 3 year ELC. He is no longer eligible for the entry-level slide, as he turns 20 before the end of this calendar year.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Even if Minnesota makes the tournament they're likely going to only play one or two games. Round 2 games are the 24th and 25th. He'd still have time to play in either the AHL or NHL afterwards. It's only on the off chance that Minnesota makes it to the Frozen Four that his chance to play in the NHL this season comes into question. Even if Minnesota goes to the finals, there are still AHL regular season (not to mention playoff) games afterwards.

Reactions: Chainshot

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
No matter how MN season goes, any scenario where you burn a year of Mittlestadt's ELC this season is a non-starter for me. That makes sense for a 23 year old senior, not a 19 year old freshman. The sabres want to contol as much of his future as possible, and I have no problem with that starting after July 1.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
No matter how MN season goes, any scenario where you burn a year of Mittlestadt's ELC this season is a non-starter for me. That makes sense for a 23 year old senior, not a 19 year old freshman. The sabres want to contol as much of his future as possible, and I have no problem with that starting after July 1.
Would we burn an year if he stays in the AHL? At least dotcom said so. No point putting him on the big team and waste an year off ELC, but AHL is perfectly fine if that doesn't burn an year.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
At this point just get him in the organization as soon as possible to give us some small faint glimmer of hope.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Another factor is Seattle. Not having to protect him would be helpful. Still if he WANTS to sign now I would be reticent to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad