Post-Game Talk: Carey @ Dafoe -7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Caps have been unbelievably careless exiting the zone. Led to that PP. Yeah we’ve had some nice individual plays like Chaisson’s goal, but not taking advantage of easy opportunities to clear the zone is a problem. Needs to be cleaned up.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Why does Laughlin say things like "that should salt it away"? Bruins are on the PP still and there are 7:30 minutes left. Drives me crazy.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I agree. He just needs to work out with Ovi in the offseason

Oshie would be a better template for him. Ovi has bad habits to begin with, but he's also always been a monster. Djoos needs to be mentored by smaller guys that play big. Oshie's a good example there & has that tireless work ethic we'd love to be contagious.

Djoos doesn't have the frame to put on significant weight, so it'll have to come through his game.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Oshie would be a better template for him. Ovi has bad habits to begin with, but he's also always been a monster. Djoos needs to be mentored by smaller guys that play big. Oshie's a good example there & has that tireless work ethic we'd love to be contagious.

Djoos doesn't have the frame to put on significant weight, so it'll have to come through his game.
Ya I was kidding.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

I think Ovi makes a perfect training partner for him. For all his speed and smarts, Djoos can't defend a big and fast guy like Ovi one on one. If you can defend Ovi one on one, you can defend 99% of the players in the NHL.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Good win tonight against a strong team but if you're a "trust the process" type of person this one wasn't particularly impressive. I thought they were largely lethargic with their zone exits and entries and their defensive zone coverage left something to be desired. That said, they did create more than their fair share of high-danger chances and they capitalized on them. Nice to see #39 pot a few. Also, I love this version of Tom Wilson. And, Djoos is far more polished at this point than Bowey.

Now... what happens when Oshie is back? My head says Trotz scratches Stephenson and goes with a "heavy" 4th line of 39-83-25. I'm not a fan of that move. I think those guys are all fairly plodding and need some speed and creativity to make them effective.

Reactions: twabby

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Caps have been unbelievably careless exiting the zone. Led to that PP. Yeah we’ve had some nice individual plays like Chaisson’s goal, but not taking advantage of easy opportunities to clear the zone is a problem. Needs to be cleaned up.
Frustrating yes. With new D guys and more importantly new forwards, such a turnover with players, still a work in progress.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Djoos doesn't have the frame to put on significant weight, so it'll have to come through his game.[/QUO
If he could get to 180 I think that would be good

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Good win tonight against a strong team but if you're a "trust the process" type of person this one wasn't particularly impressive. I thought they were largely lethargic with their zone exits and entries and their defensive zone coverage left something to be desired. That said, they did create more than their fair share of high-danger chances and they capitalized on them. Nice to see #39 pot a few. Also, I love this version of Tom Wilson. And, Djoos is far more polished at this point than Bowey.

Now... what happens when Oshie is back? My head says Trotz scratches Stephenson and goes with a "heavy" 4th line of 39-83-25. I'm not a fan of that move. I think those guys are all fairly plodding and need some speed and creativity to make them effective.
I'm thinking Smith Pelly gets scratched. Could be Stephenson

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

I think Trotz will scratch Stephenson as well. I think he should scratch DSP.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Grrrr we give up another late goal. Come on guys help our goalies out. In Boweys defense I think his clearing attempt hit the ref

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I keep seeing B's fans saying they want Chara to "tune up" Wilson. First of all why would a 40 year old Chara fight a 23 year old Wilson, even if he wins, it won't be by much and he might get hurt in the process.

Second of all who's to say Chara would win? Anyway, fans confuse me sometimes.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ovie ENGs and the inevitable salt that comes along with it pleases me.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad