Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M) [Part V]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Dvorak for the Canes 1st and a conditional 2nd in 2024 according to the tweet from whoever that is.

Can't read French though. Maybe some of those other words I don't understand are crazy. Or maybe it says "Coyotes definitely not trading Dvorak for the Canes 1st and conditional 2nd in 2024." :sarcasm:
They’re some really rude things about Americans and honestly those comments have no place in a simple tweet about a hockey trade. I’m personally pretty offended.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Oh great . If the Habs get Dvorak we get to see 283727273 posts on how Dvorak is waaaaaay better than KK and how Bergivin greatly improved his team and KK was garbage and bla bla bla puke

Well I'll get my 'in b4' comment then. Dvorak IS a better player than KK. It's really not that much of an argument.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It's ridiculous that they don't say anything. Like they haven't made up theirmind.
RESPECT THE NUMBER OF THREADS WE’VE HAD ON HFBOARDS MARC! THROW US A BONE!

Are we getting to Part VI before the glorious end time?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
They're doing it because Carolina also took an entire week to match when everyone knew they would, and to prevent Carolina from basically doing anything else for a week.

Yeah but Carolina did that tactically as it was the first week of free agency and Montreal had actual options to potentially go after, at this point in free agency though? What's Carolina gonna go out and spend 6 million on, Galchenyuk? I think it's genuinely just a really good offer sheet that has given the Canadiens pause

Reactions: Eisen

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
They're doing it because Carolina also took an entire week to match when everyone knew they would, and to prevent Carolina from basically doing anything else for a week.

Well there goes the canes season, either way they royally screwed the Habs and made for a very interesting week to boot.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Isn’t Hoffman replacing Tartar?

And while I do think you can question keeping Danault at his price 6 year/5.5m is a lot for a shutdown center, particularly when combined with Gallagher’s 6 year/6.5m.

The Habs will miss him next season though, unless a replacement center(s) appear(s) immediately.

Assuming Savard is healthy, Romanov improves and Wideman is a nice pick-up, all that seems like a reasonable replacement for the regular season Weber and Mete and whatever else is gone. (From a non-Habs fan perspective.)

Tatar had ten goals and 30 points last year, didn’t play in the playoffs. You are right though, I just didn’t see him as being much of a piece.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Where do you people get these ideas?

#youpeople
I won’t lie, I’m personally a little punchy after a lively evening yesterday and I feel like everyone talked this topic to death a thousand times over, except for the newer Dvorak trade stuff. So I’m even less serious then usual and I’m typically not a super serious poster.

And the other poster’s original joke about not being allowed to trade the picks was genuinely funny to me but I realize NHL CBA-based humor might not be for everybody.

Reactions: Lempo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad