Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M) [Part V]

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
How in the world is the verdict out on Danault being a big loss? You lose your shut down 40 point center and have nobody to replace him but somehow you don't know if that's big loss lol.

Montreal isn’t the only team making player decision based on the cap and for Danault they decided to go to the next generation of players rather than overpay. Did you really lol at the end of that alone in front of your computer

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
No kid is stepping up and replacing selke defense and putting up 40ish points. All I heard for the last 3 years was how amazing he was 5v5 but now that he's gone you guys can't even admit it's a loss. Gimme a break.
The plan was to let Kotkaniemi grow into that spot.

Now losing Kotkaniemi losing Danault really sucks, but a player like Dvorak could do a decent job of replacing him.

What we would still be losing this year is Kotkaniemis potential

Reactions: mattihp

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No kid is stepping up and replacing selke defense and putting up 40ish points. All I heard for the last 3 years was how amazing he was 5v5 but now that he's gone you guys can't even admit it's a loss. Gimme a break.
Not sure who you were talking to, but it wasn't me.....in reality Dano is a good shutdown guy, but his offense has regressed, and has been a whiner.....so yes, it's a loss, but to be determined by how much......stay tuned, as mentioned.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Not sure I understand why drouin is weaksauce when we didn’t have him in the cup run. He’s an addition.

There was no player out for Hoffman, he’s just an addition.

I expect Savard and Romanov to have a bigger impact than expected.

Verdict is out on whether Danault will be a big loss.

I’m just not seeing the dramatic drop for the team, I don’t expect them to be vastly improved but you make it seem as though they’ve regressed and I haven’t read any explanations in your posts.
Isn’t Hoffman replacing Tartar?

And while I do think you can question keeping Danault at his price 6 year/5.5m is a lot for a shutdown center, particularly when combined with Gallagher’s 6 year/6.5m.

The Habs will miss him next season though, unless a replacement center(s) appear(s) immediately.

Assuming Savard is healthy, Romanov improves and Wideman is a nice pick-up, all that seems like a reasonable replacement for the regular season Weber and Mete and whatever else is gone. (From a non-Habs fan perspective.)

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Umm pretty sure that most people here can’t read French . Enlighten us.
Theres a translation button underneath but

“I am able to confirm that the return for Dvrorak is the Canes' 1st pick and a conditional 2nd round pick in 2024.”

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Dvorak for the Canes 1st and a conditional 2nd in 2024 according to the tweet from whoever that is.

Can't read French though. Maybe some of those other words I don't understand are crazy. Or maybe it says "Coyotes definitely not trading Dvorak for the Canes 1st and conditional 2nd in 2024." :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad