Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M) [Part V]

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Yep not a great situation to be in. You know what’s worse, a team with terrible center depth losing 2 of there best centres in 1 offseason

Kotka was one of our best centres?

We let Danault walk too much $ and we are keeping Suzuki so will be fine not like we’re about to do another cup run

Reactions: ManixLiquid

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Kotka was one of our best centres?

We let Danault walk too much $ and we are keeping Suzuki so will he fine
2 of your middle six is 2 of your best centers when your teams start was we don't have a top line but four decent ones .

but your team might suck enough to get a real good number 1 next year

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
And Tatar’s 30 points made him the 4th leading scorer on the Habs.

And Perry is gone too, and he had 21 points (9G 12A) in the regular season and 10 points (4G 6A), the 4th most on the team, in the PO.

And getting into the playoffs is what has to be the focus, the top four in the Atlantic is real tough and there’s only going to be 4 spots unless things go wrong for a bunch of teams in the Metro.

It’s not like the Habs are the only team to deal with losses, and Caufield only played 10 games later and Gallagher only played 35, but Hoffman isn’t just a fun addition. That was my only point.

Goaltending will make a ton of difference though, if Price is feeling frisky in the regular season and Allen plays really well then they could really surprise.

They surprise every year because everyone else but the habs think they’re bottom feeders.

We lost Drouin for a large portion along with Gallagher, and never had Caufield. It’s pretty obvious why Tatar was higher up on the scoring list. We now have Hoffman, Caufield and we’ll have Drouin.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I hope for Kotkaniemi's sake Montreal does not match, their fans seem to absolutely hate him here.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yep not a great situation to be in. You know what’s worse, a team with terrible center depth losing 2 of there best centres in 1 offseason
You know what's worse? Wasting a real cup window watching your overpaid stars get out played by a bunch of bums in red white and blue.

Seriously that's my worst nightmare. If we ever get out of this perpetual mediocrity and get some real players to build around, and then watch it all get pissed away by terrible management. Shoot me now.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Lol and so you only need 1 centre now?

I love this board. A week ago he was good enough to be the centre piece of an Echiel trade. Now he is no big loss

I didn’t say any of this you typed it all I’m not sure what been written in the Eichel thread sorry I don’t want him either

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
they can’t really afford to lose another C.
Yes they can.
Habs are in a very shitty spot if they lose their #2 C
He wasn't their 2C, and with the 1st and 3rd they can possibly acquire a better 2C.
Why does high present value matter when you believe in the player and he's yet to play 1 game into his age 21 season...
Getting scratched in the playoffs isn't exactly belief, and even if they believed in him, that belief should be gone now when he signed the offer-sheet.
people are projecting Kotka's limited performance in the playoff run over his whole previous season and thats a bad mistake
22 goals in 171 NHL games is what people are projecting Kotkaniemi on.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
I hope for Kotkaniemi's sake Montreal does not match, their fans seem to absolutely hate him here.

Yeah, hate usually means more vocal, to me i still think KK will be a very good player, defenetly not worth 6.1 right now but i still hope we match IF and only IF the kid still want to play for the Habs

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Yes they can.

He wasn't their 2C, and with the 1st and 3rd they can possibly acquire a better 2C.

Getting scratched in the playoffs isn't exactly belief, and even if they believed in him, that belief should be gone now when he signed the offer-sheet.

22 goals in 171 NHL games is what people are projecting Kotkaniemi on.
KK was the 5th point getter on the Habs during their cup finals run

At 20 yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad