Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M) [Part III]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This is why offer sheets are so fun. A fourth liner signing one and we are almost 40 pages deep into our third thread and it’s only been a couple of days. It’s entertaining, wish it happened more.

I was told he was a surefire minimum 2C before he got offersheeted. Putting a bit ink on a paper can actually drop a players future prediction a lot. I bet he is a KHL or AHL player tomorrow.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Montreal will take the picks…. As the draft is In Montreal and 6.1 mill is a poison pill contract…. That has on going ramifications as he must be qualified at that # for his remaining 3 seasons of RFA eligibility after this season.

Montreal us going to suck this year anyway!

After going o. Their improbable playoff run this year…… they are not even going to make the playoffs this year!

They will be sellers at the deadline!

Is it just me or does anyone else love hearing the words "poison pill"?

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I was told he was a surefire minimum 2C before he got offersheeted. Putting a bit ink on a paper can actually drop a players future prediction a lot. I bet he is a KHL or AHL player tomorrow.

That's bad faith.

He would've been the 2nd line center in Mtl because our center depth is as shallow as it can be... not because KK deserve it.

And you know it...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don’t think it is reasonable to blame Kotkaniemi for that. He didn’t write the terms of the contract, he was just shown it and given the choice whether to accept it or not.
Of course his agent was in there negotiating this contract. Being RFA means you can negotiate with other teams. The RFAs just don't one day find these contract offers in their mail box to say yes or no to it, despite the mental shutdown that the name "offer sheet" causes in people. What they have effectively signed is a negotiated SPC. "Offer sheet" is actually the notification that then gets sent to the Prior Team for the right of first refusal.

Reactions: Tryamw

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
3rd thread already and still 6 days to go. Excellent drama.

Next year suzuki?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Submitting a OS is one thing...all these little troll jobs has to hurt. I seriously wonder if the take the high road or double down.... could very easily construct a clap back, though no idea how it'll be received by the masses.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
Fragility on full display in Montreal.

It must be hard to choose between the dualities of our poverty franchise massively overpaying for a washed up 21 year old currently in proposals for Eichel.

I saw Waddell at the sheriff's office downtown today and he looked like he'd been up for the last 72 hours waiting for Daddy Bergevin to accept his apology and match the deal so we can walk away without compromising our futures.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Submitting a OS is one thing...all these little troll jobs has to hurt. I seriously wonder if the take the high road or double down.... could very easily construct a clap back, though no idea how it'll be received by the masses.
Oh I hope Bergy tries.

I'd love to see the hockey universe dunk all over him for a day because of some lame desperate attempt to save face after all this

Reactions: TheGroceryStick

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Fragility on full display in Montreal.

It must be hard to choose between the dualities of our poverty franchise massively overpaying for a washed up 21 year old currently in proposals for Eichel.

I saw Waddell at the sheriff's office downtown today and he looked like he'd been up for the last 72 hours waiting for Daddy Bergevin to accept his apology and match the deal so we can walk away without compromising our futures.
I'd also be up for 72 hours if my owner forced me to commit so much cap to an unproven kid.

Morrison

Jul 5, 2007
Molson should had ordered Bergevin to not match the offer sheet the same hour it was official so Dundon's big ego would make a faceplant. That would tell Dundon to not f*** around with any of the Original Six teams, they've enough influence and power to crush anyone which trying to humiliate them.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
3rd thread already and still 6 days to go. Excellent drama.

Next year suzuki?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Molson should had ordered Bergevin to not match the offer sheet the same hour it was official so Dundon's big ego would make a faceplant. That would tell Dundon to not f*** around with any of the Original Six teams, they've enough influence and power to crush anyone which trying to humiliate them.
lol

oooh the big bad O6 is gonna get ya!

Reactions: CheMxDawG

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Cool, That would likely net us 3 or 4 1st round picks as compensation, all likely being very high because the Habs would f*** their cap and have to let someone like Suzuki or Caulfield walk while still shedding more high dollar contracts just to be able to fit under the cap.

Sounds ok to me

You're taking it out of context.

The guy was talking about 99,9999% of the players being loyal to their team, but at the end of the day, money talks...

That's what my point was all about.

Because the Necas retaliation shit, it's like the famous supposedly secret contract for KK, it's total BS for me...

Last edited:

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
That's bad faith.

He would've been the 2nd line center in Mtl because our center depth is as shallow as it can be... not because KK deserve it.

And you know it...
Take a minute to check Value of Kotkaniemi thread on Mtl’s board…
Before the OS

A whole lot of fans were happy with his playoffs, pissed at his benching and putting his bad numbers mostly on his linemates. Check it out. 1st year was great, 2nd is blamed on injuries.

Wont find any Bambi or 4th liner stuff.

Reactions: Stickpucker

noo

May 10, 2021
anyone knows what Carolina was offering for KK before this?

Would be pretty funny if it was more than a 1st & 3rd

Reactions: AD Skinner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad