Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M) [Part III]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We are the ones who already signed him to it. If money ain't no problem for ya, might as well match. What's the matta, too poor?

Nah, probably just not as dumb as Dundon to give a 3rd liner 6M just to get back.

I think Dundun's too mad about the signing bonuses that Montreal gave Aho.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
Nah, probably just not as dumb as Dundon to give a 3rd liner 6M just to get back.

I think Dundun's too mad about the signing bonuses that Montreal gave Aho.

Dundon so mad about spending money that he spent money to get back at the guy who was trying to get at him by saying he had no money to spend, by spending money.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
We are the ones who already signed him to it. If money ain't no problem for ya, might as well match. What's the matta, too poor?
one team is one of the biggest in the NHL and the other one needs to go danse after wins to attract more fans...i can probably get a good seat in ur arena for the price of a beer in our's,money isnt an issue but paying 6mill for a player with 5 goals is not smart business,if Danault wasnt worth 6mill KK isnt worth half of that

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
KK was the main piece for Eichel a couple weeks ago, now he's a 4th liner that sucks to Montreal fans. What a time to be alive.

Just like for Canes fans, just 1 week ago, KK wouldn't have bring a 4rth rd pick to Mtl, he was a total bust.
But now he's full of untapped potential, a 1st and 3rd is meh value for him...

We can actually play that song for about every fan base in the NHL, so it's irrelevent...

Last edited:

BananaCat11

Jun 30, 2019
Laurentians
Strange move. I don't see the Habs signing him for that much. I think Carolina overpaid by like 2.5 mill on the offer. They could have signed him, for like 3.5 and walked away. This was a guy who was scratched on the Stanley cup final.

I think Bergevin would be insane to pay this. I also think Canes are pretty daft to offer this. Granted Bergevin is a dink so he may just pay it. This whole scenario just stinks of bad management. Is it fun to watch ? I suppose so. Not my cup of tea though. The way they rushed the kid into the league. Never gave him a chance. Then Carolina plays games with him. Yeah, he will get his 6 million but he better save every penny. Instead of sticking by the 21 year old and teaching him hockey, both teams are jumping the gun. One never gave him a chance, the other is expecting to much. He is only 21. He can't even grow a damn beard yet.

Bad Management at its finest. From both these hoser teams. Now it is on to Caufield and Suzuki i guess. Lets see how fast Habs can scare them away and lose interest in them. As far as I am concerned the draft picks the habs get back won't be worth a damn licorice stick because the team never gives their draft picks a chance. They can't develop a 16 dollar hotdawg at the Molsen center. Let alone a living human hockey player. May as well just give players away for equipment at this point.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Willing to vet the Habs are looking around the league seeing what kinds of centre they can get for a package based around either their own first + or Carolinas +. And those prices will determine what they do.

Definitely not a balcj and white scenario

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Anyone know if MTL has the option to forfeit the time remaining and take the compensation immediately ( if for example they want to flip those picks in a trade)

Or are they forced to wait the full 7 days?

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
KK was the main piece for Eichel a couple weeks ago, now he's a 4th liner that sucks to Montreal fans. What a time to be alive.
Man if kk would have been a main piece in an Eichel trade that would be an ultimate steal lol. I don't like him and I don't think he ever becomes a 2c. This still sucks for Montreal because the Hurricane picks probably aren't going to be very high and even a 3c would be more valuable to Montreal right now. I'd still ditch him cuz that price is outrageous.

Also if he wasn't picked 3rd overall people wouldn't have nearly as much fear about letting him go. (and he wouldn't have anyone saying he was a main Eichel piece either)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
jokerdundon-png.463006

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I'll concur this season they over paid (if Montreal doesn't match) for KK.

Or They Paid 3 Million to KK and Paid another 3 million + to make the trade for a 1st and 3rd happen. Which by all accounts Montreal did not want to do. I doubt that Montreal didn't Ask for more Value from a Carolina perspective then that.
Amazing that 3 million finders fee also goes to the player...
So what's the harm except to Montreal?

BTW for those wondering what the 'Canes w/o Dougie look like remember 2 seasons ago he broke a leg.. They got lots of tape on how they looked w/o him
He is a loss. He's better then the guys we are replacing him with.. Happens to lots of teams..

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
To the people comparing this to Hamilton as to why Carolina will do this instead of that. Hamilton is 29 and signed for 8 years. As good as he is that is a risky contract no matter what. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carolina has a long term extension lined up already if they get KK that pays less than 5 mill/year.

Reactions: Svechhammer

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Only 5 1/2 more days of pissing and moaning between fan bases, can’t wait.
I find it comical. Doesn't affect anybody in their personal lives but you wouldn't know by reading the comments here. Don't know what's worse the fueding between canes and habs fans or the petty feud between bergevin and dundon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille