Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M) [Part III]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Does Montreal go retool mode if they don’t sign the OS? I know KK isn’t worth 6.1m, but this definitely hits the center depth a bit.
that's the big question right? but, IMO, they have too many prime age players to tear it down. so more likely a 'reload'' instead of rebuild

but yeah, they're hurting in the center dept now

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
that's the big question right? but, IMO, they have too many prime age players to tear it down. so more likely a 'reload'' instead of rebuild

but yeah, they're hurting in the center dept now
I mean, it wouldn’t be the worst thing to not do hot and grab a top 5 prospect in this draft. Lots of good ones out there.

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Define "championship caliber goaltending". Yes, Vasilevsky has won two in a row but in general the past winners have not had spectacular goalies. The goalies have played great during their run, but not been elite goalies in general. Holtby, Binnington, Murray just as recent examples.
Andersen is anti those goalies you mentioned. And don’t even get me started on Antti Raanta. His first name says it all.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Bergervin knows that not signing Kotkaniemi will cost him his job.
He has no choice but to match the offer sheet even if he doesn't believe it is the right move.
Taking the picks just sets up his replacement to succeed.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
A 30 points player is not a loss that makes you go full rebuild.

I don't know what parallel universe people were watching Kotkaniemi in. As of now he's a pretty ordinary player.
I’m just saying it makes more sense to rebuild than to retool.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
The $20 signing bonus is pretty juvenile.

It seldom works out well when you make a business decision so personal. Spite and good business don't go hand in hand.

I rather hope the Habs don't match, and leave the Canes on the hook for this contract.

The whole thing is purposely spiteful. Mind you a single year isn’t gonna cripple either franchise.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The more I think of this the more I feel that the Habs won't match the OS.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The $20 signing bonus is pretty juvenile.

It seldom works out well when you make a business decision so personal. Spite and good business don't go hand in hand.

I rather hope the Habs don't match, and leave the Canes on the hook for this contract.
The thing is that while this is a lose-lose for the Habs, it's really not a risk for the Canes. That's what makes it a good offer sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino