Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Nets, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Wilson and Winnik should be trade bait

They won't be protected in the draft and Sanford and Vrana look NHL ready

Why? Winnik is a great 4th liner & PKer who can score. And he's a UFA after this season so the expansion draft doesn't even matter.

Sanford does not deserve a spot over Wilson or Winnik in the playoffs. Not even close.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Carlson has just not been good.

Just wait until next year when he signs a 8 year 7-7.5 per contract. He'll be the next most hated Cap on these boards

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
The one good thing about this Caps team is it seems they really do not care about the regular season and playing that hard - yet we have amongst the best records in NHL again.

Maybe they'll start caring and will be even better when playoffs start??!!!?? Maybe? Hopefully?! Probably not? Yeah, I doubt it too.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
This Caps team obviously just doesn't care at all about the regular season - and I hate to say it - but it starts at the top and our captain seems to be the one showing the least.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Going back to that Connelly goal, that's the type of stuff the penguins killed us with. Bottom 6 guys working hard on defense leading to a break the other way and a goal in transition. Hope to see more of that

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
The one good thing about this Caps team is it seems they really do not care about the regular season and playing that hard - yet we have amongst the best records in NHL again.

Maybe they'll start caring and will be even better when playoffs start??!!!?? Maybe? Hopefully?! Probably not? Yeah, I doubt it too.

I don't think there is anything that can get this team up for a playoff game.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Going back to that Connelly goal, that's the type of stuff the penguins killed us with. Bottom 6 guys working hard on defense leading to a break the other way and a goal in transition. Hope to see more of that

Maybe some competition for a game jersey will get the young guys skating harder

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Haven't heard much of it the past couple years, and seen fewer examples of why he would be. I think that aspect of his game was a bit overrated from his minor league days.

Local broadcasters don't feel the need to state it much due to familiarity, but it gets mentioned on the national broadcasts situationally.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This Caps team obviously just doesn't care at all about the regular season - and I hate to say it - but it starts at the top and our captain seems to be the one showing the least.

I really want to know if this is by organizational design, or do they see it to?

If they're telling him, "save yourself, give 70% so you're fresh for April".......

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I really want to know if this is by organizational design, or do they see it to?

If they're telling him, "save yourself, give 70% so you're fresh for April".......

I think it has to do with playoff format. Really no incentive to go all out when we are playing Rangers and penguins round 1 and 2 no matter how many points we get.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think it has to do with playoff format. Really no incentive to go all out when we are playing Rangers and penguins round 1 and 2 no matter how many points we get.

The fact that there's no reward for excelling in the regular season makes it harder for top teams to stay motivated. I don't understand though, we're in a tight race for the playoffs given how crazy the Metro has been lately. We have the chance to bury the Isles in the standings, we've got to take advantage of the situation. A loss in regulation would be a death blow for the Isles.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The fact that there's no reward for excelling in the regular season makes it harder for top teams to stay motivated. I don't understand though, we're in a tight race for the playoffs given how crazy the Metro has been lately. We have the chance to bury the Isles in the standings, we've got to take advantage of the situation. A loss in regulation would be a death blow for the Isles.

Its early December. There are no death blows right now.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Late to the party, but just 4 pages? Hopefully everyone is at the game actually. It will be hard games against the division, so hope this game (ok, for me the last period) will be like it's April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad