Post-Game Talk: Caps eke out 4-3 win over Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It makes the Dach injury that much more painful. Because I could just imagine where the Habs would be if he was there and Habs would count on a second line.

And as a result, Evans would be in a better spot as a 3C rather than the 2C.

But as we have become accustomed to, we can't have nice things.
Silver lining: High pick.

And Dach will hopefully come back strong next year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I spent a lot of time watching him tonight. He just looks lost out there. It's almost like he's forgotten the hockey basics. Gally had a couple of positive moments. Nothing great, but a solid effort.
At the very least Anderson should be drawing some penalties driving the net.
If he's hurt he should sit. If he's not interested he can sit.
Try to tell us he's working hard now Marty. :sarcasm:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
At the very least Anderson should be drawing some penalties driving the net.
If he's hurt he should sit. If he's not interested he can sit.
Try to tell us he's working hard now Marty. :sarcasm:
Agreed, drawing penalties, being physical. He's the biggest, fastest player on our team. Yet he's not using any of that. I've seen frustration on his face, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's playing hurt.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, we would possibly be a wild card team with a healthy Dach. But... now we are in a position to add another good forward project to build with, and as all our core guys are young - we are in a great spot to keep constructing something special. We have to wait a few shit contracts anyway before we fully see the finished product, but we are seeing great signs already! Probably ahead of schedule too.

Let's go!

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Good try but even old and slow can beat inexperience. No second line is tough, hopefully next season Dach lasts most of the season, it will make a big difference. Nice for Newhook but he is certainly third line.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I think we went to the "Slaf well" a bit too much became fairly predictable. Caufield needs to be leveraged more and needs to be more enaged. Otherwise great game for the tank.

eurodin

Nov 1, 2017
Armia lacks intensity, but has a lot more pure skills that those 2.

And his intensity has been fine since his stint il Laval.
Armia is not an energy player and he never will be, but he can get away with it more than gally or Anderson.

We are one superstar F away from taking the next step towards young contenders imo.
and 2 defenseman lol

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Armia is not an energy player and he never will be, but he can get away with it more than gally or Anderson.

and 2 defenseman lol
They're in the pipeline. I mean the pieces would all be there after that superstar F and it would just be a matter of maturing and experience.

Reactions: Rozz

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I think we went to the "Slaf well" a bit too much became fairly predictable. Caufield needs to be leveraged more and needs to be more enaged. Otherwise great game for the tank.
Caufield has been positiinning himself way too close to the boards and not in a shooting position. He needs to watch where Ovi shoots from. Inner top of the cicle.

Reactions: Runner77

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Too bad Caufield wasn't able to pursuie his points streak, but I'm happy that Suzuki and Slaf were able to get on the board

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Sherrif has a howitzer.

yvT9mJT.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad