Post-Game Talk: Caps eke out 4-3 win over Habs

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I spent a lot of time watching him tonight. He just looks lost out there. It's almost like he's forgotten the hockey basics. Gally had a couple of positive moments. Nothing great, but a solid effort.
agreed. He's streaky with a low hockey IQ at the best of times. He's also not always physical. Jake Evans is not an offensive C so he's not going to help him create chances. Not blaming Jake, who's playing too high in the lineup, but for Anderson to have any kind of success, he needs a Dach or Suzuki imo.
and yes I know he sucked with suzuki, but he sucked less because he was getting more chances off his playmaking

Reactions: Habs10Habs

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
His upside is intriguing, there's alot more to him than just his toughness, that just happens to be a fantastic, and much needed bonus.

I wouldn't trade him any time soon.

Let him grow into whatever he'll be, and only then go from there.
I can’t wait to see he and his brother playing together. Florian is really exciting me this year.

It was nice to see Wilson play within the rules and being a non factor on the physical side. Xhekaj nailed a guy in the corner and Wilson was on the ice and didn’t even go at Xhekaj.

The sherrif is respected.
I still don’t want to see X go after Reeves. I don’t want to watch him get his face messed up. I know they fought in game 1 but that was not really much of a fight. X went for the quick takedown.

Reactions: Habs13

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Big question now is - who’s worse - Anderson or Gallagher?

8g8x1j.jpg

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It’s hard to tell from TSN or SN sites but did Matthew’s score a hat trick? Twice?

I swear they are not clear about.

• Haha
Reactions: Rozz

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Agreed.

It's for the best this year we chill, let the kids gain experience, get a high pick, and then really focus on making a push to squeak into the playoffs starting next year.
Yeah next year would be about getting the kids ready for a few playoff games maybe 2nd round if they surprise and get hot at the right time. Gives us one more year to solidify a few of our good prospects into proper NHLers. I think we fix most of our salary issues in 2 seasons and have the rebuild picks getting into that 20-25 range Hopefully before too many huge payouts come at once.

Also need to have talent coming behind and not rest on guys turning into vets and saying good enough. No more aging Markov trading away serge idiocy.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Gives me a headache thinking that Gallagher and Anderson both have THREE MORE YEARS on their contracts after this season.

• Wow
Reactions: Habs13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad