Post-Game Talk: Caps eke out 4-3 win over Habs

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
We are one superstar F away from taking the next step towards young contenders imo.
No two…

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-Roy

is solid, but we need 3 lines that can score.
Hopefully, we draft a top line forward + trade for a young top 6 forward. Best case scenario, Hughes is smart enough to trade Matheson while at peak value and can add another forward as well.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
I think we went to the "Slaf well" a bit too much became fairly predictable. Caufield needs to be leveraged more and needs to be more enaged. Otherwise great game for the tank.
Is that you, Math?

Slaf had some great looks at the end there, he was not covered and Kuemper made some big saves. He is not gonna score with every shot. Nobody does. You need to keep feeding him pucks and some of them will go in.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
In the parts I saw, I liked Xhekaj's game. I hope he can start putting up decent offensive numbers, as well as tighten up defensively. But sometimes development takes time.

His upside is intriguing, there's alot more to him than just his toughness, that just happens to be a fantastic, and much needed bonus.

I wouldn't trade him any time soon.

Let him grow into whatever he'll be, and only then go from there.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Anderson.

Gallagher was fine playing 10 minutes on the 4th line. That should be his role moving forward. Yes, he's a $6.5m 4th line player, but he looked a lot better on the 4th. He at least works hard, plays with some jam & goes to the net.
Anderson either injured or age caught up to him early. Major mistake handing onto him 2 years ago.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
People dog on Armia, but he creates space nicely, and has the hands to find an open man.. it also goes to show how little depth we have for our top 6.
Armia has strengths and he’s a high event player. He’s been way more effective on a good team, he gets and loses the puck a lot. With good players around good things happen off those plays, with meh players not so much.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No two…

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-Roy

Hopefully, we draft a top line forward + trade for a young top 6 forward. Best case scenario, Hughes is smart enough to trade Matheson while at peak value and can add another forward as well.
Is ... sloppy, not solid lol

• Haha
Reactions: habbubba

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Allen deserves a big thank you. Count ourselves lucky. Result is different with Monty or Primeau.
And that folks, is where we are once again............the big news is we now have a real First line, and if Dach stays healthy next year we will get ourselves a good second line.......
The Dis getting a ton of experience. There is some progress here.....
Monty and Primo in nets next year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And you forgot to Tank Jake Allen for his efforts.
Duly noted, good Sir. :sarcasm:

SsRwdqu.png

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
It was nice to see Slaf making some moves to beat people out there, I liked the reactions from the Bell Centre fans, there is no other building in the NHL where fans react to a play on the ice like Montreal fans.
Habs fans are not only most knowledgeable, also just plain the best!!!! That encompasses ALL SPORTS!!!!

Reactions: OldCraig71

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I always forget that we had Tanguay. I remember him mostly from the mooseheads days. Him and Nagy were electric. Always thought Nagy would be a full time NHLer
I'd say he made it there. 435 NHL games, 2 full seasons. 1 season above ppg. I didn't follow his career closely, but he was a good player.

No two…

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-Roy

That second line is completely unproven.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I'd say he made it there. 435 NHL games, 2 full seasons. 1 season above ppg. I didn't follow his career closely, but he was a good player.

That second line is completely unproven.
By full time I mean a longer career my bad

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Holy crapola what a turkey of a game. Seen enough of this crap the last few years. If you're going to tank, at least make it interesting and bring in the youth or at least swap some around. We've seen Gignak,Roy and Mitchell and not exactly showing much, Gignak has some speed which is nice to see though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad