Post-Game Talk: Caps eke out 4-3 win over Habs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
#1 line is awesome. They're just so much better than everyone else on this team. Lol They can dominate shifts. It's so fun to watch. I'm loving Suzuki-Slafkovsky combo in particular. Streaks alive!

Good to see Newhook & Xhekaj score. Armia played a really strong game. He got 2 apples.

Our D game is often so non-existent. We're a roadrunner team.

I thought Allen played well enough. Kind of crazy that despite playing well, he can't buy a win.

The shooting gallery at the end was intense! Slafkovsky shooting away! I thought he was going to get one.

Overall, a fun game & one of those good losses.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well I would have put Roy. Had a good game and the whole point of a rebuild is to put youngsters in those situations as the win doesn't really matter.

I would have been happy with Roy on. But MSL wants to tie the game and win it. And as a body in front of the net, Armia is more effective than Roy. Because he is a bigger body to screen the goalie and harder to move. Roy is more effective in a half wall slot or bumper. But those are spots for Caufield, Slaf, Suzuki, and Newhook.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Boring game for the most part. The first line had some great chances but weren't as dominating as they've been.

From a standings perspective it was a good loss so I'll take the silver linging.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
#1 line is awesome. They're just so much better than everyone else on this team. Lol They can dominate shifts. It's so fun to watch. I'm loving Suzuki-Slafkovsky combo in particular. Streaks alive!

It makes the Dach injury that much more painful. Because I could just imagine where the Habs would be if he was there and Habs would count on a second line.

And as a result, Evans would be in a better spot as a 3C rather than the 2C.

But as we have become accustomed to, we can't have nice things.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I would have been happy with Roy on. But MSL wants to tie the game and win it. And as a body in front of the net, Armia is more effective than Roy. Because he is a bigger body to screen the goalie and harder to move. Roy is more effective in a half wall slot or bumper. But those are spots for Caufield, Slaf, Suzuki, and Newhook.
You have an advantage of 2 players. All you need is a quick cross ice pass to stretch the goalie. Roy was the player for that situation. I could understand if it's 6 vs 5 but at 6 vs 4, you don't have to screen the goalie to score.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Oh and have we talked already about the elefant in the room that is Josh Anderson?

It's really quite remarkable how poor of a puckhandler he is and how he kills every cycle, because he can't keep his balance when checked, or throws the puck into spaces where no one expects it.

Just as I feared, as soon as he stops being a threat off the rush, he becomes absolutely useless.

I don't think I can endure watching him play for 3 more years.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Good to see Newhook & Xhekaj score. Armia played a really strong game. He got 2 apples.

Our D game is often so non-existent. We're a roadrunner team.

I thought Allen played well enough. Kind of crazy that despite playing well, he can't buy a win.

The shooting gallery at the end was intense! Slafkovsky shooting away! I thought he was going to get one.

Overall, a fun game & one of those good losses.
Too bad our D was so putrid for the most part at both ends of the rink tonight. Slow play causing problems and wasted energy.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
It makes the Dach injury that much more painful. Because I could just imagine where the Habs would be if he was there and Habs would count on a second line.

I'm trying to look at it as a silver lining. We have Dach and it's a far more entertaining season no doubt, who knows where we'd be?

But without him and Newhook for a long period of time, we'll end up with a pretty good draft pick instead. Which is better for us in the long run.

I think Dach just jumps off next year running where he left off prior to his injury.

Bright days ahead.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Yeah, it hurts. Dach really needs to stay healthy next season. Second consecutive year he's missed significant time due to injury.

With Dach, we're a lot closer to being a playoff team, but we really have to improve our bottom 6.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
He played fine, he wasn't bad tonight, but we just didn't get enough to win.
That's nice, but I disagree. First two goals were quite bad (first was really bad). Then he struggled to handle a lot of pucks. At best I would say he was below average. It's better than some of the latest games, but I certainly would not say it was fine.

Then again, I wish him the best.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Any team would want him if he was making less money, for their playoffs run.
I think it's the extra year that's scaring people off more than anything

But honestly, I've got a great feeling he's built up enough value to be moved at the deadline this year, I really do

Gallagher Anderson tho there's just nothing we can do sadly lol

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Any team would want him if he was making less money, for their playoffs run.
Well, at least the smarter GMs SHOULD want him if we retained on his contract, but there's no guarantee he won't go into his autistic shell if traded, so that will probably scare off most of the potential suitors.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I have a better spot for Evans...

Ailleurs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad