Post-Game Talk: Caps eke out 4-3 win over Habs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Too bad our D was so putrid for the most part at both ends of the rink tonight. Slow play causing problems and wasted energy.

Forwards aren't helping enough. There's rarely any back pressure, so D have to backup off the line. In the 3rd, Washington had a 3 on 1, almost a 3 on 0 after Struble wiped out, and there wasn't a forward in sight. I kept looking for the backtracking 3F, and he never showed.

We really need a defensive coach to help out.

PP has suddenly become a dangerous situation for us though. It's been at least a month of just outstanding play there by the #1 unit.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Need to try Xhekaj on the PP to open up a dangerous point shot. That will pull the attackers away from CC/Slaf.

Reactions: Rozz

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Forwards aren't helping enough. There's rarely any back pressure, so D have to backup off the line. In the 3rd, Washington had a 3 on 1, almost a 3 on 0 after Struble wiped out, and there wasn't a forward in sight. I kept looking for the backtracking 3F, and he never showed.

We really need a defensive coach to help out.

PP has suddenly become a dangerous situation for us though. It's been at least a month of just outstanding play there by the #1 unit.
Our D was uncharacteristically bad tonight. Guhle with a bad game and Struble had all kinds of bloopers. Matheson skating himself into trouble and Kovacevic with some weak coverage.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
IDK. I still have some measure of enjoyment watching the Newhook line. Watching the other two lines has become a chore. I expect nothing so I don’t delve anymore in the details on what‘s going wrong or who’s playing worse.

It's good you enjoy the Newhook line, because he's with Roy and Armia.

Anderson is with Evans and Pearson.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It’s been said, but it’s worth repeating. With Dach’s return and emergence of Slaf; if Hughes can grab a top 7 pick + use the Winnipeg / Calgary picks + young dmen to trade for a second top 6 young forward. We’re in business 👨‍💼

The please proceed to the following thread: Rumor: - The All Encompassing Trevor Zegras Thread

;)

Josh Anderson is lost again. He doesn't have any chemistry with anyone. He needs to start hitting again.

Yea. At the start of the season, he wasn't producing, but he was working his ass off out there. Now, he's not being any use to anyone.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Happy for Xhekaj. Played a solid game tonight, good hits and nice goal too. Struble struggled again. We definitely see his limits every time we play big teams and Caps are heavy up front. They're tough to handle for smaller defensemen.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
The please proceed to the following thread: Rumor: - The All Encompassing Trevor Zegras Thread

;)

Yea. At the start of the season, he wasn't producing, but he was working his ass off out there. Now, he's not being any use to anyone.

This.

Anderson doesn't necessarily need to produce to be effective. He just needs to be engaged to have an impact. Unfortunately he's been turned off for a majority of the season.

Wake the hell up man!!

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Anderson annoys me far more than Gallagher does. I'm a fan of Andy, he should be relishing his role as a veteran on this team. There's no excuse for his lacklustre perfomance this season.

It literally sickens me.
I spent a lot of time watching him tonight. He just looks lost out there. It's almost like he's forgotten the hockey basics. Gally had a couple of positive moments. Nothing great, but a solid effort.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Happy for Xhekaj. Played a solid game tonight, good hits and nice goal too. Struble struggled again. We definitely see his limits every time we play big teams and Caps are heavy up front. They're tough to handle for smaller defensemen.
Struble hasn't been good in the past few games. He's chasing the play and forcing plays. He needs to go back to a simple game where he was effective.

Matheson is so good and so bad. He has good instincts combined with low IQ.

Savard is steady but slow.

Kovacevic was out of position tonight and played soft on the boards. Lost too many battles.

Xhekaj was good tonight. Has a tendancy to chase the play rather than just contain.

Guhle was awful tonight. Some bad decisions in his own zone.

Reactions: Adriatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad