Post-Game Talk: Caps Devils: new lines you want? New lines you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I disagree.

Do people remember Schmidt was a healthy scratch for a lot of games last season? I will bet Djoos plays more games than the 60 Schmidt played last season. That will be the definition of being replaced.

If you think Djoos has replaced Schmidt based on games played you should stop discussing hockey publically.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I disagree.

Do people remember Schmidt was a healthy scratch for a lot of games last season? I will bet Djoos plays more games than the 60 Schmidt played last season. That will be the definition of being replaced.
We remember. That's a combination of a much deeper blueline (Alzner, Shattenkirk) and poor decisions by the coaching staff. Djoos getting more games when his competition is Bowey, Chorney, and Ness is hardly something to write home about. The only way to think Djoos has replaced Schmidt is if you plug your ears to all context.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We remember. That's a combination of a much deeper blueline (Alzner, Shattenkirk) and poor decisions by the coaching staff. Djoos getting more games when his competition is Bowey, Chorney, and Ness is hardly something to write home about. The only way to think Djoos has replaced Schmidt is if you plug your ears to all context.
Schmidt isn't here. So who cares.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005

Ah I was waiting for him to respond and then was going to ask him to compare the depth on defense from this season to last.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Ok so then tell me what it will take to say Djoos has replaced Schmidt. Will it be games played, will it be points, what is the criteria? Djoos is just as fast, better vision, so it can't be a skill thing.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ok so then tell me what it will take to say Djoos has replaced Schmidt. Will it be games played, will it be points, what is the criteria? Djoos is just as fast, better vision, so it can't be a skill thing.
To be able to handle the type of minutes and match-ups that Schmidt was assigned during last year's playoffs (17+ ESTOI against top 6).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
This whole exercise is absurd, anyway. The Capitals could very obviously use Schmidt AND Djoos in the line-up at the same time. Both of them can play both sides of the ice.

Reactions: troyerlaw

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Schmidt isn't with the team anymore so why discuss it. Its not like Schmidt set the world on fire while he was here.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This whole exercise is absurd, anyway. The Capitals could very obviously use Schmidt AND Djoos in the line-up at the same time. Both of them can play both sides of the ice.

Of course it is but they don't have Schmidt and my only contention is Djoos has replaced him just fine. I don't notice any drop off at all as they are very similar players.

I agree about the depth but it is what it is. I'd rather have Orpik than Alzner and hope Bowey gets better, which I think he will. If not next man up from Hershey in Johansen or Hobbs.

We will see where Djoos is if the Caps make the playoffs.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Hope for a win, but can't take much from this game because the Devils played last night and Schneider is playing both games.

Regular season results can be so misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad