Post-Game Talk: Caps Devils: new lines you want? New lines you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I mean I loved Schmitty too, we all did, but realistically he left a lot to be desired offensively for someone who was pegged as a two-way guy. I mean good on him for having a career year with the huge icetime increase this year in Vegas though. No one seemed to have more open looks from the blueline than him and he would fire them into the goalies crest EVERY time. His defensive game improved tremendously and his speed was a huge asset though. I think Djoos brings a lot more on the offensive side of the puck and with more time he'll likely reach at least the level of Nate in his own zone. I hated to see him go but I don't think we really downgraded a lot in Djoos in for Nate in the short term. In the long term I actually think the 3 year younger Djoos ends up being the more dynamic player of the two. Pretty certain we couldn't have kept them both, waivers and cap space and all that good stuff.

Reactions: Sam Spade

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So we get a Wilson goal, a djoos goal, a niskanen goal and backstrom goal. (And Carlson)

But those are confidence goals, they needed those

Reactions: calicapsfan

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Awesome win! Is this Djoos Edmonton type of breakout game? He is my player of the game. This has been a very entertaining week for hockey.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I mean I loved Schmitty too, we all did, but realistically he left a lot to be desired offensively for someone who was pegged as a two-way guy. I mean good on him for having a career year with the huge icetime increase this year in Vegas though. No one seemed to have more open looks from the blueline than him and he would fire them into the goalies crest EVERY time. His defensive game improved tremendously and his speed was a huge asset though. I think Djoos brings a lot more on the offensive side of the puck and with more time he'll likely reach at least the level of Nate in his own zone. I hated to see him go but I don't think we really downgraded a lot in Djoos in for Nate in the short term. In the long term I actually think the 3 year younger Djoos ends up being the more dynamic player of the two. Pretty certain we couldn't have kept them both, waivers and cap space and all that good stuff.

From my perspective, I'm slowly forgetting Schmidt. I do miss his positive attitude.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Excellent all round game. Best I've seen them pass this year. The defense was really involved offensively this game. Oshie still looks off but not as bad as last game. Carlson played a very good game. If he keeps playing like this he could be a Norris finalist.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Thumbs up to #3rdLineTom. Way to come through second game in a row.

I guess there was a good reason to put DSP on the top line. Best game of the year for him.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I just wanted to apologize for the thread jack with the Schmidt stuff.

Good win, got the points, didn't lose any points to a team ahead of them. Caps have played the Devils really well in the two games this season.

Reactions: calicapsfan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Good win, got the points, didn't lose any points to a team ahead of them. Caps have played the Devils really well in the two games this season.
You did nothing wrong

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Did anyone notice that we had 6 guys in the offensive zone on Niskanens goal. No clue how they missed that.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

You did nothing wrong :)
Besides I mean you all put up with my annoying posts so yours can't be that bad ;)

Reactions: Sam Spade

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
wow. About half of the thread is about Schmidt. What about bringing Forsberg in conversation? :sarcasm:

P.S. nice win. Secondary Ovi getting garbage stats.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Canes have come back from two down in St. Louis heading into the third. Off I go to watch and hope for a loss cause they are coming hard, with games in hand.

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Canes have come back from two down in St. Louis heading into the third. Off I go to watch and hope for a lose cause they are coming hard, with games in hand.
I think we have 3 games with the Canes in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad