Post-Game Talk: Caps Devils: new lines you want? New lines you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Schimdt is already the top ice time leader on a 1st place team...

Well he plays top PP minutes, compared to Djoos' 14 minutes, so I would hope so.

Would it shock you to know that Djoos is a better possession player than Schmidt this season by quite a bit. Djoos has half of Schmidt's points in 6 less games, and now has one more goal. ;)

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I would love to have both Djoos and Schmidt. If there was a way to do that and simultaneously jettison Orpik and all his mentoring into deep space, I'd be thrilled.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Well he plays top PP minutes, compared to Djoos' 14 minutes, so I would hope so.

Would it shock you to know that Djoos is a better possession player than Schmidt this season by quite a bit. Djoos has half of Schmidt's points in 6 less games, and now has one more goal. ;)
Woohoo, out of context stats. Djoos is putting up good possession numbers in the same scenario Schmidt put up great possession numbers in previous seasons, as a sheltered 3D. Schmidt's possession numbers have fallen this year because he's now a shutdown defenseman playing 22+ min/night against some of the most difficult match-ups in the league (3rd hardest league wide as of a week or so ago). Plus his numbers have improved significant since the anchor Sbisa has been taken off his pairing.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Woohoo, out of context stats. Djoos is putting up good possession numbers in the same scenario Schmidt put up great possession numbers in previous seasons, as a sheltered 3D. Schmidt's possession numbers have fallen this year because he's now a shutdown defenseman playing 22+ min/night against some of the most difficult match-ups in the league (3rd hardest league wide as of a week or so ago). Plus his numbers have improved significant since the anchor Sbisa has been taken off his pairing.

How GMBM managed to lose Schmidt and only get the return he did on Johansson still baffles me.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Of course I know this, just getting tired of people thinking Schmidt is the second coming of Bobby Orr. It sucked to lose Schmidt for nothing but he has been easily replaced and with a younger cheaper version.

How GMBM managed to lose Schmidt and only get the return he did on Johansson still baffles me.

The league has a salary cap, that's how. It's not rocket science.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Of course I know this, just getting tired of people thinking Schmidt is the second coming of Bobby Orr. It sucked to lose Schmidt for nothing but he has been easily replaced and with a younger cheaper version.

Djoos has been good, but he has yet to replace Schmidt. Orpik has been frequently overused due to the lack of Schmidt.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005

The league has a salary cap, that's how. It's not rocket science.

Show the post of people claiming Schmidt is the second coming of Bobby Orr. Ya they don’t exist. Good try though.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Djoos has been good, but he has yet to replace Schmidt. Orpik has been frequently overused due to the lack of Schmidt.

I disagree.

Do people remember Schmidt was a healthy scratch for a lot of games last season? I will bet Djoos plays more games than the 60 Schmidt played last season. That will be the definition of being replaced.

Show the post of people claiming Schmidt is the second coming of Bobby Orr. Ya they don’t exist. Good try though.

You were here when he was claimed by Vegas right? You would have thought Vegas had claimed Erik Karlsson.

I'm NOT saying he is not a fine defensemen but my god the amount of gnashing of teeth over a 26 year old dman who has never had more than 16 points, or played a full season in his career is insane.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Orpik has to help his defence partner. Twice on one shift Chorney had no one to pass to because Orpik stayed on the far side of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad