Post-Game Talk: Caps Devils: new lines you want? New lines you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Yeah whatever, the Pens had six men on the ice for 21 seconds in the 2009 Final and they missed it. ;)
Really puts it in perspective... so much about that series bother me to this day.
NJD fans have been positively obsessing over that 6 man GA. I doubt it even cost them 1 pt. Part of it is they're po'd losing to Sabres last night. Like we were dropping the game vs. Arizona. Even against low end teams you have to play them.

Caps had a very good December !

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
It would be good for the Canes, but no team gives the Caps fits like the Canes do, and we will see this first hand on Tuesday.

The only game the Caps have btw until next Sunday.

I caught Canes - Pens game last night and Canes play the game at an insane pace. Really quick puck movement, lots of 10 foot passes. Also, Slavin is an absolute beast of a defenseman.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Schmidt's the #1D on the top team in the Western Conference

But yeah we don't need him at all Dude Djoos LMAO

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Don’t normally comment about other fan bases but wow the Devils fans are a whiny bunch over that 4th goal. Caps outplayed them for the majority of the game and the final score was reflective of who was the better and more deserving team tonight.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Schmidt's the #1D on the top team in the Western Conference

But yeah we don't need him at all Dude Djoos LMAO

LMAO I know right I mean he's so much better then Derek engelland who is on second pair. And of course who could forget Lucas sbisa, Brad hunt and Jon Merrill. I mean those are amazing players!!!

Now back to logic, he's there because he's the best they have not because he is first line worthy. Brooks orpik would be on the first d pair of Vegas too if he was picked

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
LMAO I know right I mean he's so much better then Derek engelland who is on second pair. And of course who could forget Lucas sbisa, Brad hunt and Jon Merrill. I mean those are amazing players!!!

Now back to logic, he's there because he's the best they have not because he is first line worthy. Brooks orpik would be on the first d pair of Vegas too if he was picked

Yeah Brooks Orpik could totally handle 25 minutes a game on the 2nd best team in the league while going .5PPG, silly me what was I thinking Schmidt SUUUUUUUX

Schmidt would easily be our 2nd best D after Carlson and probably best D on some nights

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Yeah Brooks Orpik could totally handle 25 minutes a game on the 2nd best team in the league while going .5PPG, silly me what was I thinking Schmidt SUUUUUUUX

Schmidt would easily be our 2nd best D after Carlson and probably best D on some nights
Schmidt would probably be our number 3 or 4 defence man. Orlov is better than Schmidt. Niskanen might be too.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Maybe last year but he's had a quantum leap in development
Aaaand laughable post of the month award goes tooooooo.....

Schmidt would still be third pairing on this team. He's making the most of his opportunity but to suggest he's become suddenly amazing is hilarious. He's playing 20+ minutes a night and plenty of PP time because he's the best of what they have. That's why he's loading up on the extra assist. A good many of his advanced stats are below what he did in D.C. last year including his points per 60.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Wow, so much hate on the Devils board. Yeah I get it, Niskanen's goal shouldn't count. So much whining for a regular season game. They weren't going to win that one anyway.

Then we're the arrogant ones because our team hasn't won a Cup. As if winning the Cup earned you the privilege of being an asshole.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
What a game. Love those goals (Djoos and Niskanen).
Carlson decided to put points in the wrong season. Even with a hometown discount, he'll make 7,5+ for sure

Devils fans feel that their team maybe don't play well anymore and are afraid to miss the playoffs, so they start to whine about everything.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Schmidt was a guy capable of playing 2LD. That was valuable. And we lost it. Not ideal. So there is a conversation. Nate was a nice guy, I agree to speak about him at any time :D

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Letting Schmidt go sucks and I wish they would have found a way to have Vegas take Grubauer instead. However, the fact that Wilson (who I advocated to leave exposed) was protected and is now playing very well makes losing Schmidt sting less and their decision to protect 7 forwards better.

Also I’m not really sure what’s going on with Oshie but if Wilson is really the “fix it” guy then I’d like to see him on the second line soon. 13-92-43 would be extremely fast and Oshie just isn’t getting the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad