Capitals History Pt. 1 (former players & coaches, past seasons, etc.)

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Poor McPhee, his legacy keeps taking hits even after he is fired. Every point Forsberg accumulates makes his judgement look worse and worse. I still cannot get over the Mickey Mouse management that drafted the kid in what was widely considered a steal, soured on him in less than a season while sending out rumors that they were not all that high on him, and makes a trade with nary a consultation with his coach.

I don't know if Forsberg keeps this up or not (point a game type player), but this could go down as one of the worst trades in a long time.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Poor McPhee, his legacy keeps taking hits even after he is fired. Every point Forsberg accumulates makes his judgement look worse and worse. I still cannot get over the Mickey Mouse management that drafted the kid in what was widely considered a steal, soured on him in less than a season while sending out rumors that they were not all that high on him, and makes a trade with nary a consultation with his coach.

I don't know if Forsberg keeps this up or not (point a game type player), but this could go down as one of the worst trades in a long time.

The same Mickey Mouse management has been one of the best at the draft since the lockout.

Getting guys like Green, Carlson, Burakovsky, Kuznetsov late in the 1st round when all should have went much higher.

And remember...thats a coach that GMGM did not pick.

Good for FF. NHL needs more young exciting players and Nashville fans deserve some excitement.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I still think its freaking hilarious he buys out his boy Sarge and his somewhat reasonable contract, only to watch a proper GM stick him the AHL to get his game together, and he gets his name on a cup. We rushed him to the bigs and then treated him like a king after plus fiddy on a monster team.

Poor George couldn't win.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Alexander Semin

12 games with the Canes, 5 assists.

Sasha and the Canes were a complete train wreck in October, but they have been playing much better lately.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Where's GMGM working?

He is fine-tuning his hockey perspective by attending a number of games at different levels, one NHL team extending the offer to cover his expenses as he scouts games, which he’s graciously accepted.

Per Pierre LeBrun about a month ago.

Apparently taking a year off to spend time watching his son play and then hoping to get back.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Some other former Capitals:
Dainius Zubrus - 2G, 0A in 16GP with the Devils
Dennis Wideman - 5G, 9P in 16GP with the Flames
Sergei Gonchar - Now on his 6th NHL team
Boyd Gordon - 2G, 4P in 16GP with the Oilers
Brendan Witt - still retired
Steve Konowalchuk - 8-8-0-1 this season as the head coach of the Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL).

Per Pierre LeBrun about a month ago.

Apparently taking a year off to spend time watching his son play and then hoping to get back.

Same LeBrun piece also mentioned he turned down a job this summer. Didn't specify what the job was or with which team.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
For ESPN Insiders ($), Craig Custance has posted what I hear is a very interesting and worthwhile article on Forsberg, why he's succeeding in Nashville, and why he was traded.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
For ESPN Insiders ($), Craig Custance has posted what I hear is a very interesting and worthwhile article on Forsberg, why he's succeeding in Nashville, and why he was traded.

Would it kill you to give us a few bullet points...?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Would it kill you to give us a few bullet points...?

I can't. I'm not an insider.

Also, because it's a pay site, I'll check up but I think we have to be extremely careful about quoting it.

Edit: We're not allowed to quote directly from articles behind a paywall, at all. We can summarize in our own words, but no quoting (not even the 20 lines described in the site rules).

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I can't. I'm not an insider.

Also, because it's a pay site, I'll check up but I think we have to be extremely careful about quoting it.

Edit: We're not allowed to quote directly from articles behind a paywall, at all. We can summarize in our own words, but no quoting (not even the 20 lines described in the site rules).

Understood, I was just looking for the gist of the article not direct quotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad