Capitals History Pt. 1 (former players & coaches, past seasons, etc.)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
For discussing former Caps including but not limited to Filip Forsberg, Michal Neuvirth, and Alexander Semin.

Filip Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

edit: Also use this thread for general Caps history discussion such as former coaches, past seasons, etc. -g00n

Last edited by a moderator:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Another skill perimeter, non-shooting soft ass winger who was then almost totally misutilized on top of it.

While McPhee is gone the entire scouting apparatus that agreed with it remains and got promoted. ****ing Capitals, man.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I question that whole rationalization of theirs. Convenient that after the heat came down on them they revealed they had some super secret concerns about their big prospect. I think they were just covering their tracks for the bad trade.

Halpysback*

It's not a big loss guys. We already have so many prospects with elite skill we have to scratch them. All Forsberg would be doing here is keeping Kuz company in the pressbox so Jay Beagle could spread his wings more.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I question that whole rationalization of theirs. Convenient that after the heat came down on them they revealed they had some super secret concerns about their big prospect. I think they were just covering their tracks for the bad trade.

Tonight's was the first Nashville game I've had a chance to see but based on tonight anyone who questioned his skating is a ****ing idiot.

Last edited:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Another skill perimeter, non-shooting soft ass winger who was then almost totally misutilized on top of it.

While McPhee is gone the entire scouting apparatus that agreed with it remains and got promoted. ****ing Capitals, man.

This. ****ing this.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
edit...I noticed in 6 games Neuvirth's sv percentage is .925

He's getting peppered up in Buffalo. There is validity to the argument that facing more shots correlates somewhat with a higher save percentage. It doesn't fully explain a good performance, but it can explain part of the difference in Neuvy's numbers between the Capitals and Sabres.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Moar shots aka the birthing of the hot goalie - I feel explains some of our pathetic playoff performances over the decades.

Good for Neuvy. Everyone likes Neuvy.

Meanwhile our tending is inconsistent. I sure as hell hope Grubauer is ready to help out sooner than later.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The Filip 'Bambino' Forsberg Thread

Discuss the trade, his performance, etc. here rather than nightly updates in GDTs and the like.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Isn't Forsbert a similar style player as Kuz and Bura and Mojo? How many guys like that can you have on a team? Seems to me you balance those guys with guys like Wilson, Ovechkin, Orpik, Brouwer, Latta etc.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We already have the Trash Can Curse. We don't need a
Bambino Curse on top of that!

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
Isn't Forsbert a similar style player as Kuz and Bura and Mojo? How many guys like that can you have on a team? Seems to me you balance those guys with guys like Wilson, Ovechkin, Orpik, Brouwer, Latta etc.

Forsberg is more of a possession guy. Very strong on the puck, not as flashy as Kuz or Bura.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

We could've traded one of Forsberg, Kuzya or Bura for a king's ransom. That's why everyone hates the trade.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wonder how this trade could have worked out if Oates wasn't involved. While I doubt it would ever look "good" for the Caps, it may have been more passable if Erat ended up a useful option in the top six, rather than a disgruntled depth player. If we got a 20G/40P Erat (like he's producing in Arizona this season) it's not quite as horrendous of a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00