GDT: Capitals at Rangers Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Not worried at all, but damn shoot the puck! Caps should adjust and pick it back up on Wednesday.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Rags just won the PP battle, and Caps were a bit sloppy. But the good thing, Rags still can't really skate with the Caps, only in crowd-fueled burst. Plus this game might give Oates some food for thought and tinker with the top-6 that hasn't produced that much at ES.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Worst power play I've seen in a LONG while. What the hell were they doing out there???

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Not worried. **** happens. They'll come out strong next game.

Will they? According to Holtby the team was tooling around like they were skating at their local pond. If they can't get up for game #3 what makes you think they will for game#4?

I hope they do. They should because its clear the Caps>>>>>>>>Rags, but at some point this team needs to develop a killer instinct. Didn't see it when they tied it at 2-2, and didn't see it at 3-3. The let the Rags hang around and they deserved to lose. Unacceptable.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
2 man advantage and Ovechkin gets 0 shots.

Good effort overall but man the collective hockey IQ of this teams top players is sub par.

thejester

Feb 5, 2010
Lacked a bit of composure on that last power play. Nicky needs to find some form cause he should have finished that last chance.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I was actually shocked we ended up with a PP with two minutes left in the game.

Magic head snap, if Ovi doesn't embellish, he never ever gets a call.

Well, the grinders gave us the chance to win, it was the top 6 that played a terrible game. Would be nice for a $13M 2nd line combine for a goal.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I know we didn't play all that well and perhaps even deserved to win a close one like this. I will say though, the refs set the tone of this game early and really took our style of play out of it. Not making excuses though. We got beat, it happens. Sweeps are rare in this day and age. Pens lost one, Hawks lost one. It happens. Especially against a streaky talented team of individuals who haven't been performing well together. Occasionally they can grab a win or two.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't know who you blame on that last PP.

Oates for putting Ribeiro in a prime shooting position or Ribeiro for never shooting the puck.

That was sick. We should be in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad