GDT: Capitals at Rangers Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Did anyone really think this was gonna be a sweep?

No, would it of been nice? Yes.

Is it still 2-1 us? Yes

No, in fact I always prepare myself for it to go 7.

Since it seems it usually does

Still pissed every time we lose

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
caps never win in a sweep. ok. once in a 5 game series. i was not holding my breath this time. winning the first two games just gets them to the first point where they get traditionally get stuck.

still have a reasonable shot at winning the series.

cant wait for the next game.

I figured the NYR would win at home, at least one game. If that is the best they have to show, I"m not impressed.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Epic frustration got to me. So pissed we dropped one to a clearly inferior team. I know I am not alone. Off to bed before I find my cat..........and kick it.

I totally understand. I tossed my tablet when they scored the 4th goal. :laugh:

lotano21

Mar 15, 2011
burbank ca
the last 4 goals from the caps have originated from shots from he D....we need more quality chances from forwards down low

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
its a game. the team we like never wins. makes a downright habit of choking. how can anyone throw things when they lose a game? i expect them to lose. that means the celebration when they win something is all the greater. the disappointment is already factored in.

maybe they can get a good win in game 4. that will get them to that epic up 3 games to 1 where disaster regularly comes to strike. if they can win in 5 then maybe this team has something.

the one thing i will say positive about this game is that mike green is back and can play defense now.

question. is 4 injured? i saw a puck hit him in the foot that looked not so good. i was on mute and so didnt hear if they said anything

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
We are, bar none, the worst team in history in game 3 after winning the first two. What does that make us? 0-10? Holy ****!

(excluding 5 game series)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the last 4 goals from the caps have originated from shots from he D....we need more quality chances from forwards down low

the rangers pack 5 people into the box below the circle dots. you dont get chances down low. they give you the shot from the point and you have to use that.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
What's this love affair with Ward? There has to be at least four other players I would put out before Ward.

At this point, I would love to see 'Patti in for Ward. Though the 4th line was decent tonight, they were so much better with 'Patti in to close out the season.

I said this before the playoffs even started, that I don't know where I'd put Ward in because all 4 lines were humming so well.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
What's this love affair with Ward? There has to be at least four other players I would put out before Ward.

What love affair? He's a 4th liner.

If you're talking about the PP, I'm assuming he was out there for his board work and net presence. Oates opted for the extra puck retriever, rather than additional skill.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
You know some **** was up when a linesman stops a faceoff to skate over to Erskine and pull his sleeves down. I couldn't imagine these chuckle nut refs in the Kings vs. Blues series.

Halpysback*

Ward was out there because he's clutch and because every puck that didn't go in was gonna end up in a trench war along the boards, and he's our best weapon in that regard. Only issue is if he doesn't practice on any PPs at all throwing him out there could torpedo chemistry.

Ribeiro, on the other hand :facepalm:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps are so clearly the better team.

Why do people keep saying this? We've played these guys 10 times in the playoffs in the last 12 months, and i think nearly every game has been decided by one goal. We have enough of a sample size now to see that the two teams are actually pretty evenly matched. Doesn't matter what the rosters look like or what the supposed skill advantage is. When you put it all together, and you factor in their goalie, it's a close match. Anyone expecting us pull away easily and win the next two games 5-1 is setting himself up for frustration. We're in a dogfight. Our will is going to be tested.

Liberati0n*

Why do people keep saying this? We've played these guys 10 times in the playoffs in the last 12 months, and i think nearly every game has been decided by one goal. We have enough of a sample size now to see that the two teams are actually pretty evenly matched. Doesn't matter what the rosters look like or what the supposed skill advantage is. When you put it all together, and you factor in their goalie, it's a close match. Anyone expecting us pull away easily and win the next two games 5-1 is setting himself up for frustration. We're in a dogfight. Our will is going to be tested.

That just means the Capitals suck. The Rangers are such a joke.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

Because the Caps dominated even strength play so much that they out-chanced and out-shot the Rangers despite the Rags having 3 more powerplays. The Caps dictated the tempo and controlled play for most of the game.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
The 6 straight PPs by the Rags killed us. Only the 3rd line had speed after that.

I don't what to expect the next game...

If the Caps win the next one, the series is over.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
The 6 straight PPs by the Rags killed us. Only the 3rd line had speed after that.

I don't what to expect the next game...

If the Caps win the next one, the series is over.
I think they'll win. Hard not to like their chances when they've shown they're obviously the better team. Holts will be better, our top 6 will produce, and we will win.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

coyote

Jul 21, 2002
Visit site
Ward was out there because he's clutch and because every puck that didn't go in was gonna end up in a trench war along the boards, and he's our best weapon in that regard. Only issue is if he doesn't practice on any PPs at all throwing him out there could torpedo chemistry.

Ribeiro, on the other hand :facepalm:

For a clutch guy he sure lost the battle on the boards on the third goal. Best weapon is a pretty strong statement when we have four or five players better then him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad