Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs Jets - 7 PM - Friday Nov 8/19 - TSN 3/SNP - The return of the giraffe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't mind it, actually. Wheeler gets a couple of very fast wingers that have been effective at zone exits.

I would have done it a bit differently, though...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Perreault-Lowry-Wheeler
Connor-Copp-Roslovic
Luoto-Gustafsson-Shaw

Like that on the road. At home I would have Copp-Lowry together and against the other team's top line. (I'd probably put Wheeler on that checking line).

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree with all of this.

Maybe some people weren’t excited with Wheeler the first time he was put in that role. It shouldn’t mean we should reject that forever.

I am excited to see how that line works out. If it doesn’t, OK, tinker some more.
Rosie has played better on the wing. Hope he does well with this opportunity.
IIRC the results were pretty good when Wheeler played C, but the fancystats suggested it was just some good puck luck.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Seems like a waste if all he gets is 6 to 8 minutes a game.

Meh. He needs to play 24 more games to accrue an NHL season which is what actually counts towards becoming a UFA or RFA with arbitration rights. If he's projecting as a 3rd or 4th line C he won't be that expensive anyhow and we can for sure stop his contract from sliding by playing him past 10 games.

Probably not best for his development long term to play this few minutes all year but we need him right now. Maybe send him down in mid December after letting him go to the World Juniors? Appleton should be back by then. Maybe Little is back by then too. (fingers crossed)

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Roslovic at 22 : "He's had his shot at C, struggled too much defensively, he's a winger now."

Wheeler at 33 : "Yeah, he might not have been great per se at C when we tried it 2 years ago, but he should get another look."

Okay.

Reactions: Kratti and Bigfish

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic at 22 : "He's had his shot at C, struggled too much defensively, he's a winger now."

Wheeler at 33 : "Yeah, he might not have been great per se at C when we tried it 2 years ago, but he should get another look."

Okay.
Except, that's not even close to what Maurice said.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad