Speculation: Canucks still big game hunting for a Right Shot D-man

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Zero interest in these type of players. They need a top 4 rhd, not another 5/6. If they go for someone, it’ll be a Tanev/Larsson/Pesce
Fabbro and Carrier are top 4 guys, but in the case of Fabbro he'd been yanked around a lot, he's either on the top pairing or healthy scratched. I could see a change of scenery helping him and whoever gets him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah, not sure where OP got his info from other than wild speculation and wishful thinking, but Rutherford himself said that they're probably done outside of small tweaks, and this is JR who's much more open than Allvin.

To somehow get "they're going all in for a top 4 rhd" is absurd.

Stop offering us your top 4 dmen, start offering us your affordable depth rhd or wingers.

To be fair...most of what people seem to be offering in this thread, actually are depth RHD. Not true Top-4D. So maybe we're getting there already anyway. :laugh:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's clearly going to be Tanev IMO. Likely didn't get done with Lindholm just because they weren't quite there on value yet but I'd be money that's what happens by the deadline.

All these Van/CGY trades just for Vancouver to get knocked our in the 2nd round by Vegas or Edmonton.
Lol. Your schtick is getting old.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
MTL Kovacevic is very interesting option for any contender. He is 3rd pairing RHD with one more year for just 766k. That is literally less than current league minimum. Every contender has cap issues and having cheap reliable 3rd pairing D would be great benefit.

Reactions: David71

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
2025 2nd + McDonough/Bains/Karlsson/Hirose etc.

For Tanev

Think they’ll want to keep Pettersson (defence), Lekkerimaki, Willander and probably (not sure) Raty. We’ll want to keep PodK and Hogs but they aren’t really prospects any more.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's clearly going to be Tanev IMO. Likely didn't get done with Lindholm just because they weren't quite there on value yet but I'd be money that's what happens by the deadline.

All these Van/CGY trades just for Vancouver to get knocked our in the 2nd round by Vegas or Edmonton.
Your obsession with our team is flattering but unfortunately the feeling is not mutual so you just come across as bitter ex stalker vibes.

Reactions: quat

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
MTL : Savard
for
VAN : Podkolzin + Myers

Van could really use someone like Savard.
He would probably be their best RD some nights.
Not a rental as well. 1 year left.

MTL gamble on Pod while taking Myers's contract.

Reactions: David71

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

Well, we've sure enjoyed being out of even getting a sniff of the playoffs long enough. Might as well try something different.

I've sure enjoyed what the Canucks have done this year even if it doesn't translate in the post season. I can't recall so many people getting worked up at the success that's come as a shock to Canucks fans as much as it is to anyone else.

The Canucks definitely had a number of good players, they just never played like a team, That changes and the outlook for any team sure looks a lot better.

Kind of looks like round one will be Vegas v Edmonton.
Great matchup. The first round is hard to beat.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
What would the Canucks have to add to Mik to trade him for Gudas?

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
You're right. It's such a crap shoot. Look at the Flames of 18/19 and 21/22. They had a goal differential of +100, 1st in the conference and were bounced in round 2.
I was really shocked by that outcome. The Flames looked so solid that year. Very odd, but Markstrom showed up like he was broken.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I was really shocked by that outcome. The Flames looked so solid that year. Very odd, but Markstrom showed up like he was broken.
2 things caused that series. Sutter insisting on using the Lindholm, Gaudreau, Tkachuk trio against McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman instead of Backlund, Coleman and Mangiapane. Backlund has historically owned McDavid and Lindholm got caved in all season by him.

Then Markstrom decided to begin a horrific stretch after playing very well against Dallas.

Reactions: quat

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I do believe that if they feel they are satisfied with their D core then they could still be in the market for a top 6 winger.

The question, is this a cup contending D Core

Hughes- Hronek
Soucy- Cole
Zadorov- Myers
Juulsen

If the answer is yes for management, then top 6 winger is something that can come out of nowhere and be added by TDL. likely someone with term.

If they moved Zadorov since he wants out and move Cole to his spot while acquiring a top 4 RHD that’s a strong D IMO. If can somehow bring Schenn back and move Myers that’s an elite D.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Savard would make a very good addition for playoffs. Always been playoff warrior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad