Speculation: Canucks still big game hunting for a Right Shot D-man

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
David Savard at 50% would be an excellent addition to any playoff team, but I just don't know what the Canucks would be comfortable giving up for him even if the Habs take back Myers.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
All these Van/CGY trades just for Vancouver to get knocked our in the 2nd round to Vegas or Edmonton.
icegif-309.gif

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Media day today for Rutherford, Allvin and its clear to hear that they arent satisfied yet and are still big game hunting.

The speculation is that its for a Right Shot Dman.

Yesterdays blockbuster trade apparently almost had Chris Tanev involved in it according to multiple insiders. In the end, Tanev wasnt part of the Lindholm trade but it was mentioned that the 2 clubs continue to discuss Tanev.

The Canucks also didnt trade any of their top prospects yesterday and still have top assets like Willander, Lekkerimaki, Hoglander Podkilzin Bains.
Furthermore, The Canucks were able to free up cap space this year and next year as Kuzmenko makes more than Lindholm and had an extra year of term.

Allvin clearly ALL-IN

Aside from Tanev, which RD do you think they have their scopes on, waiting to snipe.

IF they do go big game hunting for a RD, i think that Zadorov or possibly Myers would be traded to make it all fit with AAV and with pairings on the Defence.
We have Savard who is having an up year to solidify a bottom pair. Won a cup. An extra year as well. I just have no idea of value…?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
is Pesce available?

Stats dont look great.
Only 7 points in 40 games and a -2 on a pretty good team.
Only 12 hits and 14 takeaways.
shots getting through only 32% of the time which is low. 1.5 shots per game
Corsi 5on5 close (relative to teammates) is -1% which is surprising.

Seems like he's struggling, He isnt doing much to move the needle but he's also not costing them a lot in terms of chances against... he's kind of playing like a "low-event" type Dman that you'd want as your number 5 guy. Not great for him, as prior to this season he was generally seen as a really good No.3 guy.

Change of scenery might do him good. I wonder what Carolina fans think.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
They won't go after a guy like Barrie. They need somebody better defensively. Right now Hronek plays the most min against Elites and then Hughes is under him, but both are running a 46% Corsi against Elites.

If they can get somebody who can play D and not be tilted against, it will be a nice move for them.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
is Pesce available?

Stats dont look great.
Only 7 points in 40 games and a -2 on a pretty good team.
Only 12 hits and 14 takeaways.
shots getting through only 32% of the time which is low. 1.5 shots per game
Corsi 5on5 close (relative to teammates) is -1% which is surprising.

Seems like he's struggling, He isnt doing much to move the needle but he's also not costing them a lot in terms of chances against... he's kind of playing like a "low-event" type Dman that you'd want as your number 5 guy. Not great for him, as prior to this season he was generally seen as a really good No.3 guy.

Change of scenery might do him good. I wonder what Carolina fans think.

Highly unlikely. Skjei - Pesce is still Carolina’s 2nd pair. There’s not a compelling argument to blow that up, gambling on Orlov (offside), Chatfield (unproven) or DeAngelo (a consistent healthy scratch) to fill the void on the fly in a contention year. A trade and a backfill in a separate trade is unnecessarily risky for the same reason. Carolina can afford an own-rental no problem.

Reactions: Seanaconda

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
It's clearly going to be Tanev IMO. Likely didn't get done with Lindholm just because they weren't quite there on value yet but I'd be money that's what happens by the deadline.

All these Van/CGY trades just for Vancouver to get knocked our in the 2nd round by Vegas or Edmonton.
Lmao. Edmonton isn’t knocking anyone out of the second round

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It's clearly going to be Tanev IMO. Likely didn't get done with Lindholm just because they weren't quite there on value yet but I'd be money that's what happens by the deadline.

All these Van/CGY trades just for Vancouver to get knocked our in the 2nd round by Vegas or Edmonton.
As it stands no team will stop Vancouver getting to the final. Jets have the goaltending if they add some pieces.

• Wow
Reactions: Play

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Kovacevic for Podkolzin

Realy dont care about that deal made or not

Realy great proven plug vs loto ticket with 1 number already known as no good

Reactions: vokiel

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

You spelled Stabmonton wrong.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Nashville with over $11 million in dead cap might be willing to part with Fabbro I would think. Wonder if the Canucks offer a cost controlled asset that won't cost a lot in the next couple years might be of interest.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Still think Canucks get Tanev back somehow…especially after all the reports about Tanev and the Lindholm trade

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
dont think its tanev. given his injury history. someone else younger durable. iilya lubuskin? erik johnson? cup winner should help the team overcome some adversity in the playoffs with his experince and wisdom? washington has a few. sean walker from philly?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: