Post-Game Talk: Canucks Kick Bruins Ass 3-2 OT (Boeser 2, Hronek), We Are So Back!!!

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Mikheyev was much better today. Noticeable in person and he seemed to have wheels and joined the wall battles tonight. But still, wonder if we can parlay him with assets into someone bigger with a scoring touch like Mantha. Would do wonders for us. But if it’s not possible, he can still be a useful player when he plays like tonight.

What the heck would we want with a useless lunk like Anthony Mantha?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Just got back from the game. Far too many Bruins fans at the game, and for that reason I remember why I hate them so much.

early afternoon we were downtown and walked by the bar in the building across from international village, i think it’s called the pint. and my wife was like wtf, why is this bar that doesn’t even seem to be an irish bar filled with ppl in bruins jerseys? saw a bunch of scattered ppl walking around west hastings in bruins jerseys too. who are these ppl and where did they come from?

a fantastic game. early enough that my kid got to watch through to the end and he was running around the house screaming after the tying goal and game winner. tbf he lost interest at the beginning of the third and went to play but he came back after i yelled after the first boeser goal and was riveted.

what on earth got into zadorov? he was like defenceman jtm out there. and i caught slack upthread for talking about demko winning this game but if demko wasn’t demko in the first period and during that flurry of weak play by us iirc at the end of the second, this game could have gotten out of hand. he was every bit as good as swayman, who also was excellent.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
The schedule finally starts to soften a little. First time since the all-star break since they have two days between game days. 25th, 26, and then again on the 1st, 2nd.

Has Lindholm had a full practice in Vancouver yet? They can sharpen up and have a couple of those before the California/Vegas road swing. March is super nice - the opponents aren't soft but the schedule and travel is and that's more important IMO. Lots of time to rest and practice to sharpen up for a stretch run.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Man just look at how lovely March/Early April is. Who cares about the opponent quality when your travel and game days are spaced like that. You can't ask for more when you need to get ready to face the best in the league .

Attachments

• 1708843207025.png
    1708843207025.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 4

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
early afternoon we were downtown and walked by the bar in the building across from international village, i think it’s called the pint. and my wife was like wtf, why is this bar that doesn’t even seem to be an irish bar filled with ppl in bruins jerseys? saw a bunch of scattered ppl walking around west hastings in bruins jerseys too. who are these ppl and where did they come from?

Remember those 'life long Blackhawks fans in BC?', yeah there are 'life long Bruins fans in BC as well.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

a fantastic game. early enough that my kid got to watch through to the end and he was running around the house screaming after the tying goal and game winner. tbf he lost interest at the beginning of the third and went to play but he came back after i yelled after the first boeser goal and was riveted.

what on earth got into zadorov? he was like defenceman jtm out there. and i caught slack upthread for talking about demko winning this game but if demko wasn’t demko in the first period and during that flurry of weak play by us iirc at the end of the second, this game could have gotten out of hand. he was every bit as good as swayman, who also was excellent.
I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the Bruins contingent, if not for familial reasons, were Vancouverites who decided to cheer for Boston after or during 2011. Buncha cucks, if you ask me.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Van needs to lock up 1st so that they can play the Preds. Hopefully then the Oil beat Vegas but Vegas pounds their faces in and they're too beat up to play their end-to-end open style of hockey. Van then moves on to play Dallas in the WCF. Van can win that if they play their game. Who knows who'll come outa the east....

Reactions: DimitriL07

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Shorter contract, big body, can score

Oh and this tonight:

Certified rat destroyer

lol if you think that Highlight describes the player that Mantha is...you've been mislead.

He's absolutely a soft floater goal scorer, nothing more. That's an incredibly inaccurate reflection of what he'll do for you. Describing him as a "big body" is a waste of time because he rarely feels inclined to use it. He's as "small" as a "big body" gets.

As far as, "can score"...i know it's illegal to talk about PDO or whatever, but Mantha is shooting at a ridiculous unsustainable career high this year, while Mikheyev is currently at an abnormal career low. I'd bet on that balancing out sooner, rather than later. Not to mention the vast gulf in impact in the entire rest of the game between the two. Mikheyev was a lot more productive as a goal-scorer previously at more sustainable rates, compared to anything Mantha has been recently.

I really think you're building up Mantha into a player that he very much is not. If he were the guy you seem to think he is, he'd be a hot commodity. In reality, he'll be a flyer somebody takes on the cheap because they're just playing with house money.

Mikheyev may be frustrating sometimes, but he's a massively better all around player in terms of total impact on the game, than Mantha, especially at this point in his career.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Van needs to lock up 1st so that they can play the Preds. Hopefully then the Oil beat Vegas but Vegas pounds their faces in and they're too beat up to play their end-to-end open style of hockey. Van then moves on to play Dallas in the WCF. Van can win that if they play their game. Who knows who'll come outa the east....
Imagine Leafs goalie gets hot and they meet us in the finals

Reactions: Bankerguy

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Imagine Leafs goalie gets hot and they meet us in the finals
haha, the Leafs having to win even 1 of 4 games in Vancouver? That so delicious and tempting that I'd be afraid the Hockey Gods are setting up a trap for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
haha, the Leafs having to win 4 games in Vancouver? That so delicious and tempting that I'd be afraid the Hockey Gods are setting up a trap for us.
Who would you like to see besides the Leafs?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
oh, there's no one better. but i wouldn't trust it because it seems too good to be true.
No I agree, I was just asking in general, who do you think would be an entertaining matchup? Leafs would be fun, but Bruins would also be my pick because of the story. But dream would be Tampa, and I know that sounds scary even typing it , but wouldnt that be sweet?

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
What the heck would we want with a useless lunk like Anthony Mantha?
I think it’s worth getting a guy with some jam and skill who can ply up the lineup. Miller was a lone warrior for the first half of the game in the forward group.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00