Post-Game Talk: Canucks Kick Bruins Ass 3-2 OT (Boeser 2, Hronek), We Are So Back!!!

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Just a point of interest.

We are now guaranteed a .500 season. With 22 games to go

They only reached .500 twice in our first 20 seasons. the next 35 have been up and down. We were great from 2000 to 2012. Sad since.

Lets face, for a large part we have been starved for mediocrity let alone vying for top spot in the league. simply put .... WHEEE

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Idk but that thing where the were throwing waffles was stupid.
that was one of their schticks back in the day. you see security let them in the building with it.

The Canucks need to keep 3 players moving forward no matter what:
Hughes, Miller and Garland. Hm: Demko.
Love him, but Garland needs a bodyguard. He's not Smyl or Fleury. Without one he's like Steve Kariya.

Last edited:

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Going to read the rest of the thread soon but what the heck did I watch?

When we were down 2-0 I thought it was over. Where did the guys get the extra energy in the 3rd?

Hughes couldn't make a straight pass and kept losing the puck all night. Then he woke up in third like he was Popeye.

Last edited:

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Was just gonna say that. Guy has alot of hidden offensive potential. Wouldn't mind trying him in front of the net on the PP.
Last bunch of games RT has been trying the giants for offense. Its a classic trick on the PP, to park your large, 4th line goon defenseman (who's too big to skate) in front of the net and bounce pucks off him. They did that with Gino once in awhile.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I see now it's likely RT had the team playing Rope a Dope against the team that was playing it's 3rd game in 4 nights on the road. Still doesn't explain how we couldn't keep the puck on the stick until then. Or why three times we left a guy in the slot free to get a pass. This is where Demko really shined (shone?).
But after seeing Swayman in OT I see now why so many teams have taken them to OT. For all of his size, the Bruins collapse in front of him when on D.
In OT, with all that room, they can't do that and he's very vulnerable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad