Post-Game Talk: Canucks Kick Bruins Ass 3-2 OT (Boeser 2, Hronek), We Are So Back!!!

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
That is the most satisfying game since game 5 of 2011. You beauties.

My twin brother (chillibilly) claims that the final penalty was a borderline call. Bullshit. (Chillibilly is a certified ref BTW, but still absolute BULLSHIT!)
The two many men one? Im certified too, but not as a ref… but I looked up the definition of too many men on the nhl website and it was a gif of that play.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
What the heck would we want with a useless lunk like Anthony Mantha?

I’m sorry, I am so sorry to OP but thats just so Vancouver to trade a player who isn’t scoring for someone who is an objectively worse player.

E: I see what you’re going for and I don’t disagree with the idea. But Mantha is pretty much everything I find frustrating with Boeser hyperbolized. I’m struggling bad enough watching the good version of that. My eye is on Justin Danforth still as a bit of a Barclay Goodrow kind of pick up. I assure he is in fact much smaller than Mantha, but you wouldn’t realize that watching them play hockey side by side. Size is meaningless with no tenacity.

Last edited:

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
@Felidae because I would like to discuss further

Re Boeser

What’s his shooting percentage this year vs his career, I do wonder.

I’m sticking to my guns, I don’t like him as a player. If he won his board battles and skated like he has two working legs with more regularity, I’d have all the time in the world for him. But he doesn’t so I don’t.

You don’t get a free pass just because you score goals. Nor should you.
I want him to pump up his value so we can trade him at the draft.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Imagine Leafs goalie gets hot and they meet us in the finals
It would be unbearable.. you thought the media was against us in 2011…… not to mention, if the NHL isn’t going to assist the America team with Reffing, it would be Toronto.

The great thing though would be most of the country wanting us to beat them.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
That is the most satisfying game since game 5 of 2011. You beauties.

My twin brother (chillibilly) claims that the final penalty was a borderline call. Bullshit. (Chillibilly is a certified ref BTW, but still absolute BULLSHIT!)
Hmmm ... not quite what I said. I think what I said was " if that was overtime in a playoff game, they might of let it go". It was clearly "too many men" but the guy headed to the bench was never involved in the play. But I have no problem with the call, he was like 50' from the bench when the other guy came on the ice.

And my certification is over 10 yrs old, and I haven't used it since then due to medical reasons. (can't ref, but still play)

anyhow, missed a bunch of the game because I hate seeing them lose (particularly to Bost and Chi), and walked away when it was 2 - 0 for a bit. But caught all of the comeback and the overtime, and was overjoyed.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Somehow it seems like poetic justice that it was Marchand lollygagging his way to bench in OT, after the fourth guy jumped over the boards.....and the too-many-men penalty basically decided in in OT.

Canucks schedule is easing......they play the Pens at home on Tuesday, and then entertain the Kings on Thursday, who will be playing their third game in fourth nights.

Then it's on the road for games in SoCal against the Ducks and Kings; followed by a trip to Vegas. But at least all the travel will be basically in the same time-zone and of course no travel between the Duck and Kings games. Hopefully they can regain some of their draining energy.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Somehow it seems like poetic justice that it was Marchand lollygagging his way to bench in OT, after the fourth guy jumped over the boards.....and the too-many-men penalty basically decided in in OT.

Canucks schedule is easing......they play the Pens at home on Tuesday, and then entertain the Kings on Thursday, who will be playing their third game in fourth nights.

Then it's on the road for games in SoCal against the Ducks and Kings; followed by a trip to Vegas. But at least all the travel will be basically in the same time-zone and of course no travel between the Duck and Kings games. Hopefully they can regain some of their draining energy.

I could be wrong but I think the Canucks only travel out of their time zone once more to Winnipeg. Pretty good in terms of travel

Reactions: Indiana

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
It would be unbearable.. you thought the media was against us in 2011…… not to mention, if the NHL isn’t going to assist the America team with Reffing, it would be Toronto.

The great thing though would be most of the country wanting us to beat them.

My only worry is that if we lost to the Leafs, giving them their first SC since 1967, we would never, ever be able to live it down.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I get what you're saying about overall impact. But it's much harder to find a 30 goal scorer than a player like Mikheyev. Boeser has been on pace for 30 goals in 4 out of 8 seasons (didn't reach due to injury or COVID season). That's a 246 game sample size.

It's hard to appreciate a really good goalscorer that doesn't bring much else to the table.. until your team is suddenly lacking high end finishers. I think there's a place for players like him, granted his defensive deficiencies are masked by teammates and/or coaching
I just don't see a one dimensional player this year at all.
He's got 27 assists and is a plus 25 playing against the teams top line most nights.

He gets put in a box much like Myers does by many in this fanbase because of past seasons when in reality he's been becoming a better well rounded player for a couple of years now. He's often on the ice in 1 goal leads late in games and has earned that because of his improved overall play.

In Tochett's own words he's the player they tried to turn Kuzmenko into.
In fact Kuzmenko is a great example of how far Brock has come that he's been able to flourish in a very demanding defensively responsible system that demands effort in all 3 zones.

I love Mikheyev but my God Brock has far more value, Mikheyev is playing the role of guys like Suter and Laff at 3 times the price

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
was gonna mention this. So many guys were fighting like demons and Lafferty has been really disappointing in the 1v1 battles and on the forecheck. With that speed he should be a huge problem but have noticed a lot of times where he chooses to watch vs initiate and it's starting to piss me off given his role. Maybe he's banged up but agree with your take and he needs to get it going.
If we are gonna role the 3 centres apart like tonight and depending on what happens with Phil the thrill, id like to see Podz and Linus maybe even Raty. Obviously not all 3 but Podz is built for a Tochett system and had great chemistry with JT.
Brock, Garland, Hogz, are the only wingers doing anything offensively.
Like no disrespect to PDG, Laff and Mikheyev to a lesser extent (he at least has a track record) but those 3 dudes in Abby have taken big steps this year, what's the harm in trying one or two of them?

Or we could trade for Guentzel 😍

Reactions: Jimnastic

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013

nice breakdown

Reactions: Indiana

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I’m sorry, I am so sorry to OP but thats just so Vancouver to trade a player who isn’t scoring for someone who is an objectively worse player.

E: I see what you’re going for and I don’t disagree with the idea. But Mantha is pretty much everything I find frustrating with Boeser hyperbolized. I’m struggling bad enough watching the good version of that. My eye is on Justin Danforth still as a bit of a Barclay Goodrow kind of pick up. I assure he is in fact much smaller than Mantha, but you wouldn’t realize that watching them play hockey side by side. Size is meaningless with no tenacity.
I really don't get your hate for a guy who would be at least on every single teams 2nd line, 1st on many.
He's got a legit shot of getting 45 goals and over 80+ points and being around +35.

I understand you covet the type of player that fits what you think it takes to win in the playoffs but those are bottom six types and to win a cup you also need to score goals. Brock does that and he doesn't hurt you, If he did Tochett would have him out at the end of games. The player you describe sounds more like Kyle Connor who is a -7 and is the definition of a 1 trick pony

As for playoffs, the last 3 cup winners all had multiple game breakers, while teams like the canes, Islanders, rangers etc seem to struggle scoring and fizzle out.

Not saying Brock is a selke winger but he's much better than guys like Kyle, Bratt, Pasta etc but I'd love anyone of those dudes despite their God awful defensive games. Rants is another one who makes Brock look like Stone.

As for his 20% shooting percentage, I think that's him being healthy and confident.
He's also the only winger that hasn't been moved off his line in the top six, which shows how well Tochett thinks he's done. That right their is paramount when assessing Brock, considering 39 goal scorer Kuzmenko and Mikheyev, the guy you think is more valuable both lost their top six role as sos PDG.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I like the energy Bains brings. I honestly wouldn't wanna send him down when Joshua is back.

Hoglander-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Lindholm-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Bains-Suter-Lafferty
(PDG)

Or something.

Or...

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Lindholm-Mikheyev
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Bains-Suter-Lafferty
(PDG)

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I like the energy Bains brings. I honestly wouldn't wanna send him down when Joshua is back.

Hoglander-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Lindholm-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Bains-Suter-Lafferty
(PDG)

Or something.

Or...

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Lindholm-Mikheyev
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Bains-Suter-Lafferty
(PDG)
Somehow upgrading on Mikheyev could be massive for our top 6.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Figured I would read the first 30 or so pages of the GDT before I read this one. I am howling with laughter; the most bi-polar fan base in the NHL by a mile. Let's face it; we got lucky. The Bruins gave us that game with that stupid penalty in OT. Most of the team actually played pretty well I thought but the Bruins are a really good team even though they were on the road. If we meet these guys in the playoffs we won't last 6 games IMHO...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Figured I would read the first 30 or so pages of the GDT before I read this one. I am howling with laughter; the most bi-polar fan base in the NHL by a mile. Let's face it; we got lucky. The Bruins gave us that game with that stupid penalty in OT. Most of the team actually played pretty well I thought but the Bruins are a really good team even though they were on the road. If we meet these guys in the playoffs we won't last 6 games IMHO...

We got *unlucky* that we were down 2-0 in a game where we were outplaying them.

The win was a just result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad