Rumor: Canucks interested in Ethan Bear

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Bear is solid. You have to watch his ice time as he can be prone to some bad turnovers when fatigue sets in. But solid 2nd pairing puck mover.

Reactions: Grantham

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Garrioch said something in passing to the effect that Bear might be an option for the Sens if they moved on from their interest in Chychrun

I could definitely see Ottawa making some sense for Bear. They're certainly in a position to give him a little bit of run trying to push Zaitsev down the lineup. With Zub clearly ahead of him. Could pay off for them, even if it's a small payoff. Makes more sense with the Sens than the Canucks to me.

To me Bear is a smart player but he is not physically gifted, so sometimes he tries to do things that he just isn't really capable of. If he simplifies his play and just focuses on making the smart, low risk play then he'll be fine and I can see him as a solid puck moving 4D.

This is the real crux of the problem with Bear for the Canucks. He's a player who seems to play his best hockey when he works within himself and has his workload appropriately scaled to what he's capable of. Whereas with Vancouver, they'd be dealing for him because he's a RHD, with the intention of playing him above and beyond where he really should be. Asking him to play above his head as a partner for either Hughes or OEL. I don't think that's a real recipe for success.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Don't think the Canes would be asking for anything significant but the 3 years thing? A RHD who can skate (not saying that's a strength for him) at an NHL level will stick around for a long time.
Lets meet in 3 year from now! At dawn, to settle this. One of us will bow while the other rise under millions of hfboards nods and likes of acknowledgement.

Meanwhile' what escaped most, is the lifelong internet friendship we both won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad