OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
@coladin @mysens

Hit a milestone for my company at work here and they tossed me $5k but has to be used towards travel. Thinking about Sicily since Amalfi is known to be crazy busy in summer. I know 5k won't go far but should at least cover airfare and a few meals. Either of you been down there?
With Train and Flights so cheap in Europe being more centrally located can give you a chance to visit more countries. Renting a car then is advantageous.

Flying to a city like Lyon, France will give you access to Switzerland and Italy. You can drive to Geneva, in less than 2 hours spend the day and make it to Turin or Milan for Dinner. Trains are a nicer way to travel if the distances are not very far. Anything over 3 hours is better to fly and probably cheaper.

Reactions: branch

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Well if you don’t watch, and then fact check to either confirm or debunk what is presented, how do you know it is propaganda?
Being told that it is, or is not, by like minded members of the echo chamber is not the best way to confirm or deny that is or is not.
Also, the sources of information that you or anyone uses to support your current faith in any given theory or hypothesis are also capable of using propaganda to get people over to their side of an issue…. Knowing this, perhaps checking out the “other side” Will at the very least widen your knowledge base on an issue, and confirm your current stance on an issue…. I think if you or anyone is afraid of additional information on any given topic, then maybe you already see some softness on your side of an issue.

This column might shed some light on the IPCC propaganda, that so many take as “settled science”…. As if there was such a thing
I find your post ironic. I've sourced my own information from many sources but it goes both ways in that information known to be factually incorrect should not continue to be spread. Micklebot takes the time to poke holes in all these silly propoganda you tube videos you post and you usually completely ignore them and carry on posting more or try to claim a couple names with seriously questionable backgrounds and ties to fossil fuel industries, etc. You aren't interested in the truth so why pretend to be. It's not "additional information" if it's made up nonsense made to look pretty simply to support a narrative and fool a few fools until we're all fools living in a real life Idiocracy.

If you seriously believe that the climate circumstances we face today are not concerning and have not been expedited and/or caused by humans, there's no conversation to be had. At best we are overpopulating the planet at an alarming rate and will run out of space and resources even if disaster doesn't hit. Climate change deniars are lunatics imo with the information we have available to us from peer reviewed science. If you just don't think it's possible to reverse/salvage the damage done, and don't see Carbon Tax as necessary, I think that's reasonable and can respect that.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I find your post ironic. I've sourced my own information from many sources but it goes both ways in that information known to be factually incorrect should not continue to be spread. Micklebot takes the time to poke holes in all these silly propoganda you tube videos you post and you usually completely ignore them and carry on posting more or try to claim a couple names with seriously questionable backgrounds and ties to fossil fuel industries, etc. You aren't interested in the truth so why pretend to be. It's not "additional information" if it's made up nonsense made to look pretty simply to support a narrative and fool a few fools until we're all fools living in a real life Idiocracy.

If you seriously believe that the climate circumstances we face today are not concerning and have not been expedited and/or caused by humans, there's no conversation to be had. At best we are overpopulating the planet at an alarming rate and will run out of space and resources even if disaster doesn't hit. Climate change deniars are lunatics imo with the information we have available to us from peer reviewed science. If you just don't think it's possible to reverse/salvage the damage done, and don't see Carbon Tax as necessary, I think that's reasonable and can respect that

1714583123092.png

If each person were given enough space to spin around with their arms extended, the entire human population (8 billion people) could fit into an area about the size of the largest island in the Hawaiian island chain, the Island of Hawai’i. With its area of 10,430 km².

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
View attachment 863077

If each person were given enough space to spin around with their arms extended, the entire human population (8 billion people) could fit into an area about the size of the largest island in the Hawaiian island chain, the Island of Hawai’i. With its area of 10,430 km².
Yes, but something humans will never do, so completely irrelevant. They're the opposite where most think jet setting around the world is some requirement for maturation while they pretend their lives have meaning or purpose.

You also have to feed them, fuel them, generate energy, build housing, keep them busy to prevent unrest, and on and on and on.

Although it's not far off from the ridiculous idea of colonizing Mars. Shove em all in one place with enough room to swing your arms and never go outside.

From someone living with some space to roam on a half acre lot in the Yukon, I can't imagine such a horrible existence. Might as well be a prison cell.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yes, but something humans will never do, so completely irrelevant. They're the opposite where most think jet setting around the world is some requirement for maturation while they pretend their lives have meaning or purpose.

You also have to feed them, fuel them, generate energy, build housing, keep them busy to prevent unrest, and on and on and on.

Although it's not far off from the ridiculous idea of colonizing Mars. Shove em all in one place with enough room to swing your arms and never go outside.

From someone living with some space to roam on a half acre lot in the Yukon, I can't imagine such a horrible existence. Might as well be a prison cell.

These examples are just to put the claim of “overpopulation” into perspective…… there is lot of space left on this planet, but that’s not to say that there are no limits.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
These examples are just to put the claim of “overpopulation” into perspective…… there is lot of space left on this planet, but that’s not to say that there are no limits.
That's fair. It can be a fun exercise, just not overly useful since we know humans won't make the necessary sacrifices if it comes to that. More alarming than the physical space we require is what we consume for survival and pleasure. It's unsustainable at the rate we're moving.

We're a virus consuming ourselves to death.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
With Train and Flights so cheap in Europe being more centrally located can give you a chance to visit more countries. Renting a car then is advantageous.

Flying to a city like Lyon, France will give you access to Switzerland and Italy. You can drive to Geneva, in less than 2 hours spend the day and make it to Turin or Milan for Dinner. Trains are a nicer way to travel if the distances are not very far. Anything over 3 hours is better to fly and probably cheaper.
Depends on where you go. Driving is so much fun there too. They drive the way we want to drive here

Reactions: Stylizer1

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Depends on where you go. Driving is so much fun there too. They drive the way we want to drive here
And if you have traveled on the Trains in Europe, as pretty and comfy as they are...you better hang on to all your valuables in your bags, pockets and strollers.....they will steal them from you without even knowing. Rent a car...loads of flexibility.

Reactions: Stylizer1

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I am very much a pro-train person and even I will say I can definitely see a huge advantage in having a car for travelling the Italian countryside

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I am very much a pro-train person and even I will say I can definitely see a huge advantage in having a car for travelling the Italian countryside
pop in to a half dozen or so towns breeze bye a half dozen more then eat dinner in a medium sized town. bellissimo

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That's fair. It can be a fun exercise, just not overly useful since we know humans won't make the necessary sacrifices if it comes to that. More alarming than the physical space we require is what we consume for survival and pleasure. It's unsustainable at the rate we're moving.

We're a virus consuming ourselves to death.
We consume to make people wealthy. There is a difference. Not everyone is in a competition with their neighbor. The corporations and the media subject us to mainstream aspirations of keeping up with one another in a race that never ends. We are not the virus, we are the immune system the virus feeds on.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We consume to make people wealthy. There is a difference. Not everyone is in a competition with their neighbor. The corporations and the media subject us to mainstream aspirations of keeping up with one another in a race that never ends. We are not the virus, we are the immune system the virus feeds on.
There was potentially a path for humans to live with more harmony, at least before technology came along, but I remain unconvinced with that introduced.

Of course all of it has been expedited by greed and lack of accountability, but that's human nature with a good chunk of the population being easily susceptible to it, so I don't buy that no matter what directions humans took, it wasn't always destined to end in disaster. Our advanced cognitive ability is also our downfall. We are a flawed species.

Either way, so be it. It's the natural order of things. When we eventually die out from whatever happens, the Earth can start to repair and start anew with whatever next species might take over. I just pictured it ending more like a Roland Emmerich epic than the slow burn of say The Road.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
There was potentially a path for humans to live with more harmony, at least before technology came along, but I remain unconvinced with that introduced.

Of course all of it has been expedited by greed and lack of accountability, but that's human nature with a good chunk of the population being easily susceptible to it, so I don't buy that no matter what directions humans took, it wasn't always destined to end in disaster. Our advanced cognitive ability is also our downfall. We are a flawed species.

Either way, so be it. It's the natural order of things. When we eventually die out from whatever happens, the Earth can start to repair and start anew with whatever next species might take over. I just pictured it ending more like a Roland Emmerich epic than the slow burn of say The Road.
The earth doesn't need to do anything it adapts like humans.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
You know who has a lower carbon footprint than david suzuki?

Literally very single person who didn't have five kids.

If everyone had 50% fewer kids it would halt climate change this century.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
With information gathered by paleontologists and the history of evolution, it’s been estimated that 99.9% of all species are extinct.

That’s not all of the species living here on the Planet today. It’s actually of all the species who have lived on Earth at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad