Rumor: Canucks heavily pursuing Barrie

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
However, I think most of us would agree that the Canucks had a better day. Podkolzin was ranked as high as 4th on many draft rankings lists. “The Russian factor” was likely the biggest reason why he dropped. The Canucks drafted the perfect linemate for Horvat today. This was a very big win for Canucks fans today. Podkolzin plays the game hard and aggressively.
Canucks definitely picked well with Pod, but I can't see how you say the Canucks had a better day unless you think Pod is better than Byram + Newhook

Youngblood29

Jul 3, 2018
Offer in the table is:

Barrie - Virtanen & 2020 1st
Don’t know if the pick is protected.

Hopefully Avs wont pull the trigger.
They need to get more meat on the table or keep the God Damn guy as an rental if nothing else.

Virtanen could be or could become a good player but if in last two years, he has 20 & 25 points in +70games, it shows he is Not a answer for the Avs ”problems” in the 2nd line.

And I get the feeling, that most of the Canucks fans are totally fine, without Barrie.

So could both teams GM’s just shake hands, congrats both sides for their great draft picks, wish a nice summer, turn around and just walk away.

Reactions: Mac Attack

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't get why Colorado would trade him. Do they have the blueline depth to let go of him?
Potential cap problems in the future including expansion draft issues since they played Makar in the playoffs last year making him eligible to be select (along with EJ's NTC which is an automatic spot taken away). Plus he's a Newport client who has the same agent of Ryan O'Reilly. ROR was in all his power and right to do whatever he did, but he did as much as he could to get to UFA status as fast as possible.

Reactions: thadd and sethro109

Takeya

Jun 21, 2018
people fall for the rumors with zero traction
canucks to trade horvat or 2020 first rounder while we are still rebuilding for a barrie who is ready to compete right now yea thats a good plan i'm sure swapping barrie for horvat will make us a playoff team.

some guy posted adrian dater guy on twitter saying a trade was imminent or close
and now he is posting "joe sakick says tyson barrie rumors are news to him"

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
people fall for the rumors with zero traction
canucks to trade horvat or 2020 first rounder while not competing in playoffs yet for a barrie who is ready to compete right now yea thats a good plan i'm sure barrie alone will make us a playoff team

Not really in this case though. Dreger mentioned Barrie, as did Friedman, as well as a highly thought of local Vancouver reporter.. so it's not like this was Eklund reporting it.

Takeya

Jun 21, 2018
Not really in this case though. Dreger mentioned Barrie, as did Friedman, as well as a highly thought of local Vancouver reporter.. so it's not like this was Eklund reporting it.
yea that's why you should not fall of media hype they are like salesman.
them reporting on a trade being close means canucks called avalance and asked for price and call ended there.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
yea that's why you should not fall of media hype they are like salesman.
them reporting on a trade being close means canucks called avalance and asked for price and call ended there.
It does? Where did you hear this? Since your word is apparently gospel.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Can we lock this up? Both Benning and Sakic said these reports are fairy tales. Joe even looked annoyed by the constant Barrie talk and went out of his way to praise him, Girard and Makar for what they did in the playoffs and stressed the importance of PMDs. If there's one guy Avs will move it's Zadorov.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Takeya

Jun 21, 2018
It does? Where did you hear this? Since your word is apparently gospel.
i just trust my gut and hockey instincts on what makes sense for both teams.
not just oh barrie in the rumors we will ship him off for the best center at value we can find even if it sets vancouver back for years

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
i just trust my gut and hockey instincts on what makes sense for both teams.
Doesn't mean there wasn't actual talk between the two teams, I don't doubt the reports of "Virtanen + 2020 1st" and Dreger mentioning " swapping 1sts". Takes a lot for a deal to actually happen, doesn't mean that what they're reporting is all hype with no truth.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I know this is off topic but since there are many Avalanche fans here, I’ll say something to you guys:

I think the Avs will win a cup sometime in the next 3 years.

We need to improve the forwards by quite a bit and hope Grubauer can continue his good form. I'm not even counting us as a sure fire playoff team next season if we don't get a clear cut 2nd line center or scoring winger this offseason.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
screenshot_2019-06-22-09-19-10-png.239319

Reactions: dahrougem2

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

And what does that prove? What do you expect them to say? Yeah we got very close and the names of the players involved were in part correct but it did not come together so please don't tell our guys that they were almost traded?
Sakic even hinted at the possibility a few sentences later in the same interview.

When there is so much smoke there usually was some sort of fire. Ultimately it did not pan out but Barrie is a goner regardless whether you like it or not. Tyson is not going to be on the Avs July 1st in 2020 at the latest. There is 0 chance of an extension now with Byram in the fold.
I personally just hope that Sakic pulls the trigger soon and gets a decent return for him. Letting him walk for nothing 12 months from now would be dumb. Especially if they want Byram to earn a spot in training camp.

Reactions: Youngblood29

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Offer in the table is:

Barrie - Virtanen & 2020 1st
Don’t know if the pick is protected.

Hopefully Avs wont pull the trigger.
They need to get more meat on the table or keep the God Damn guy as an rental if nothing else.

Virtanen could be or could become a good player but if in last two years, he has 20 & 25 points in +70games, it shows he is Not a answer for the Avs ”problems” in the 2nd line.

And I get the feeling, that most of the Canucks fans are totally fine, without Barrie.

So could both teams GM’s just shake hands, congrats both sides for their great draft picks, wish a nice summer, turn around and just walk away.
You don't want Virtananen. He's trash.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Anyone else notice the 'nucks table looked pissed as all hell when they were on the clock.

I can't help but think they really wanted to make a splash in front of the home crowd and Sakic wasn't budging.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Can we lock this up? Both Benning and Sakic said these reports are fairy tales. Joe even looked annoyed by the constant Barrie talk and went out of his way to praise him, Girard and Makar for what they did in the playoffs and stressed the importance of PMDs. If there's one guy Avs will move it's Zadorov.
PMDs are great to have, but with the Byram pick doesn't that mean you basically have 4 PMDs now in Barrie, Girard, Makar and Byram? Seems to me like you should hang on to a guy like Zadorov, which makes Barrie the most expendable with his contract status and age IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese