Rumor: Canucks heavily pursuing Barrie

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Something around the 10 ++ for Barrie and 16?

I am reluctant to put names to it, but something like:

To Avs: #10, 2020 2nd conditional if Barrie re-signs, Gaudette
To Van: #16, Barrie

:laugh:

So a top pairing 60 point D is worth what is essentially 6 spots in the draft? Come off it.

Tanev + 10th for Barrie + 16 could be a good base.

Almost as awful as above.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018

To Avs: #10, 2020 2nd, Gaudette
that's horrid for the avs. Avs trade barrie so they can move up 6 spots in a top heavy draft where the players taken after 4 is essentially a crapshoot? And gaudette is a grinder and a 2nd is so meh.

Do better.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

To Avs: #10, 2020 2nd, Gaudette

Not really enough.
Also the Avs are probably looking at win-now pieces (although there have been enough rumors about them wanting to move up to make a 10 and 16 swap somewhat sensible) which makes any deal between VAN and COL very hard to pull off. You guys really only have crazy valuable pieces like EP/Boeser/Horvat who are too good in return for 1 year of Barrie or pieces like Baertschi/Virtanen that probably are not that interesting to the Avs in return for Barrie.

I don't think the Avs will sign Barrie to an extension and I don't think Sakic will find an offer he likes enough for 1 year of Barrie unfortunately. Should have traded him a year or two ago probably but it is what it is.

Unless someone like Benning significantly surpasses the Trouba return or atleast offers a legit, young 2nd liner in return, I think the Avs will treat Barrie as their own rental next season.

Not happy about it but what I expect to happen unless somehow Barrie fetches way more than Trouba which is not impossible but also not all that likely given all the other options on the market.

Only thing I could see is that Barrie is a BC kid. So maybe he has indicated that he would be willing to committ longterm to the Canucks. If his agent would informally committ to that, things could change a lot.

But then it would probably have to be significantly more in return than the above.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Unless Avs wanna do a pure picks/prospects return, i think its a terrible idea by Canucks. There seems to finally be some excitement in Vancouver with the young forwards and giving up a major one for Barrie is a bad idea...

On the flip side i wouldnt trade Barrie unless a major young piece came back

Dont see it happening

Reactions: Green Blank Stare

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2