Rumor: Canucks heavily pursuing Barrie

member 149439

Just like every year..this is all bull****.
Just like Bettmans huge announcement before the draft just being the jersey ceremony for the Sedins! Sometimes this league is embarrassing.

Ps anyone know the cap for next year.....? NOPE!

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Wonder (even though he has the hashtag Canucks in there) if Barrie is going to a different team then?

Or, hear me out, all the “insiders” tried to get ahead of this rumour and started trying to predict a trade so they could give themselves a gold star for getting it right.

The Avs “insider” that has been a major component of this rumour has a very poor track record for accuracy. Hell, he was completely dismissive of the Avs taking Byram. Basically made it sound like they weren’t even looking at him and were only looking at forwards.

member 149439

Nice, the cap for the season will be announced after the season has started. Seems like something that could happen sadly
That’s the point of my overly sarcastic post. It’s a joke no one knows what the parameters for next year are going to be before the season starts. Nhl paramount to wwe?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Avs had a great day 1. Newhook could be a stud.

However, I think most of us would agree that the Canucks had a better day. Podkolzin was ranked as high as 4th on many draft rankings lists. “The Russian factor” was likely the biggest reason why he dropped. The Canucks drafted the perfect linemate for Horvat today. This was a very big win for Canucks fans today. Podkolzin plays the game hard and aggressively.

Takeya

Jun 21, 2018
However, I think most of us would agree that the Canucks had a better day. Podkolzin was ranked as high as 4th on many draft rankings lists. “The Russian factor” was likely the biggest reason why he dropped. The Canucks drafted the perfect linemate for Horvat today. This was a very big win for Canucks fans today. Podkolzin plays the game hard and aggressively.
It was not the Russian factor. It's the fact that he is signed in another league and won't be able to come over for two years unless you buy out that contract

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
:laugh::laugh:
Called it. People were talking about in the other thread his girlfriend's twitter messages, and why would he be in vancouver for draft.

Just because a player is tooling around in his home province in the offseason doesnt mean he is getting traded on draft day.

Last edited:

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
It was not the Russian factor. It's the fact that he is signed in another league and won't be able to come over for two years unless you buy out that contract

I don't really know much about the guy but he most definitely wouldn't have played here next year and maybe not the year after so is it really that big a deal? If he re-signs there again I could see an issue but this seems like a non issue.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

Canucks had a good day, I still would have rathered Boldy but am ok with Podkolzkin. At any rate the Avs absolutely had a better day than us. Byram & Newhook > Podkolzkin.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
It was not the Russian factor. It's the fact that he is signed in another league and won't make NHL for 2 years
Most guys in this draft are 2 years away I feel. It s not that Podkolzin can't come over before, it will just cost some $$ to get him. Let him play in the KHL next year and develop. If he's ready, bring him over, if not, let him play another year and come over NHL ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad