Rumor: Canucks heavily pursuing Barrie

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Anyone else notice the 'nucks table looked pissed as all hell when they were on the clock.

I can't help but think they really wanted to make a splash in front of the home crowd and Sakic wasn't budging.
Nah I think they both said that the trade rumours were false.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
PMDs are great to have, but with the Byram pick doesn't that mean you basically have 4 PMDs now in Barrie, Girard, Makar and Byram? Seems to me like you should hang on to a guy like Zadorov, which makes Barrie the most expendable with his contract status and age IMO.
Makar and Byram are two way Ds. Girard is small and skates exceptionally well, but he is limited offensively and isn’t really what you would call an offensive dynamo, he is actually better defensively than offensively and Tyson is the best of the bunch offensively. They should keep all of them. As for Zadorov, I will be surprised if he is on the opening night roster.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't get why Colorado would trade him. Do they have the blueline depth to let go of him?
The only reason would be if there were some bad blood, and in the past it looked that way so who knows what today is like. Just because we dont hear about issues doesn't mean there aren't any. If he would bolt as a UFA I could see trading him early rather than later on. But honestly this whole thing was probably nothing, and Barrie is likely happy where he is.

Reactions: Y3TI

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
A top 10 protected first was just traded to clear a one year deal. If Avs want to get some picks, might as well just take more one year salary dumps

Reactions: Cogburn

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Can we lock this up? Both Benning and Sakic said these reports are fairy tales. Joe even looked annoyed by the constant Barrie talk and went out of his way to praise him, Girard and Makar for what they did in the playoffs and stressed the importance of PMDs. If there's one guy Avs will move it's Zadorov.

The Avs were 1-8-3 without Zadorov in the lineup this season. Moving him would be a mistake. I'd much rather slide Cole into the 7D spot, assuming Byram doesn't get sent back to juniors.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So the 10th overall was definitely part of the deal.

Sounds like it. Thought word out of Vancouver is that the Canucks wouldn't pull the trigger if Podkolzin was available, so wasn't going to happen anyway.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
with the returns im seeing so far today i pray barrie stays if this trend continues
It depends on what the Avs are looking for. If its an even money swap the Avs could do quite well. If the Avs are looking for cap room in return than that's going to cost a premium.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
It depends on what the Avs are looking for. If its an even money swap the Avs could do quite well. If the Avs are looking for cap room in return than that's going to cost a premium.
fair colorado certainly doesnt need cap relief but id imagine other gm's arent coughing up much with it being a buyers market and other options.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Why the **** does anyone put value in this slimeball's word? A Eklund tier "insider".

Thats wrong. He was legitimately the best insider a year or so ago. Called more stuff than almost anyone else.

Avs keeping Barrie for too long would be stupid. Sakic better move his ass and do something right now. Loved last night but this is not the time to sit back. Barrie needs to go now for whatever the best deal is out there right now (because he is gone anyways a year from now and we better get something for him in return) and he should really use his capspace to get some forward help in as well.

Just sitting around saving capspace for a Panarin pipedream that will never happen would be really stupid.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I could see the Avs wanting J.T. Miller as part of a deal from Vancouver for Barrie OR they got Miller to replace Horvat in a trade with the Avs? In any case, the Canucks have a lot of centers.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think once Vancouver picked #10 this deal was dead. Sakic is stubborn AF until he gets what he wants, and now with Vancouver trading next years 1st too, highly doubt he's dealt there.

Reactions: pockets

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Thats wrong. He was legitimately the best insider a year or so ago. Called more stuff than almost anyone else.

Avs keeping Barrie for too long would be stupid. Sakic better move his ass and do something right now. Loved last night but this is not the time to sit back. Barrie needs to go now for whatever the best deal is out there right now (because he is gone anyways a year from now and we better get something for him in return) and he should really use his capspace to get some forward help in as well.

Just sitting around saving capspace for a Panarin pipedream that will never happen would be really stupid.

I thought the same thing about Dutchy and look at the monster take Joe got there. Also, please, Don't Kill My Panarin Pipedream!!!!!!!

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Seems like Defensemen are getting a lot of calls this weekend. Definitely seems like a seller’s market whereas there’s very little action for forwards.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Sounds like Benning is in make the playoffs mode. I would assume he'll make a huge run at Gardiner

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: