Confirmed with Link: Canucks Extend Gudbranson (3 years, $4M AAV)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That Keller play was hilarious, but Gudbranson made some other great defensive plays in that game vs Arizona and had to contend with some extremely poor play from Edler that game. Overall it seems he's found his role the last 2 months and while he'll never be worth the trade or that contract, he's probably been one of the better players on the team lately. Which of course is a problem in itself, but whatever.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Every time you put two "buts" together it has to followed by "Gillis" otherwise you will get banned.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
But apparently the guy is "good in the room'....same with Sutter, Jimbo;s other 'foundational' acquisition....it's just too bad they can't reduce the size of the ice to the size of a dressing room.
I keep thinking to my self,what room is jim talking about.
The bedroom,the living room,oh i got it,,the bathroom because he is good at stinking it up.that the only room he is good in Jimbo.3 More years of this idot ,,,,lord help us...

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
That's why he signed with the Canucks, heh. He couldn't go into free agency thinking he needs shoulder surgery sooner rather than later. He cashed in for guaranteed $ on a nice contract.

I keep thinking to my self,what room is jim talking about.
The bedroom,the living room,oh i got it,,the bathroom because he is good at stinking it up.that the only room he is good in Jimbo.3 More years of this idot ,,,,lord help us...

Maybe Gudbranson is good in the room... but what else is good in the room? I'd think carpet, benches, coat hangers, radio, TV... If the players had to vote what was more appreciated in the room, Gudbranson or carpet, what would most players choose? I think most would probably choose carpet. Gudbranson might be good in the room, but I don't see how most players wouldn't agree that carpet is great to have in the room.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This injury has been out there for awhile, not really a big surprise they finally shut him down with it. Not sure why he was even playing up until now.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jesus Christ.

So many levels of stupid here.

No wonder Gudbranson wasn't testing the market. Would have been completely screwed this summer coming off a terrible season with a major chronic injury issue. But hey, here's $12 million!

I will say that for those of us who have criticized Gudbranson's 8 PIM in his last 45 games, this does explain why he wouldn't be fighting or engaging physically. And fair enough.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Jesus Christ.

So many levels of stupid here.

No wonder Gudbranson wasn't testing the market. Would have been completely screwed this summer coming off a terrible season with a major chronic injury issue. But hey, here's $12 million!

I will say that for those of us who have criticized Gudbranson's 8 PIM in his last 45 games, this does explain why he wouldn't be fighting or engaging physically. And fair enough.

And this is literally the only rebuttal his defenders have—that he sticks up for his teammates and make board go bang boom crash. But he can't even do that because he's missed exactly 50% of his games for Vancouver, which makes him beyond useless to this franchise.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
So many posters here are more obsessed with the Aquilinis' money than the roster. Players on the LTIR do not count against the cap. If Gudbranson can't play anymore, he goes on the LTIR and maybe enters a coaching/advisory role like Dorsett this year. Everyone says Gudbranson is good to have in the room, so if he is not playing at all but sticks around, isn't that the best case scenario for the Negative Nancys?

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
So many posters here are more obsessed with the Aquilinis' money than the roster. Players on the LTIR do not count against the cap. If Gudbranson can't play anymore, he goes on the LTIR and maybe enters a coaching/advisory role like Dorsett this year. Everyone says Gudbranson is good to have in the room, so if he is not playing at all but sticks around, isn't that the best case scenario for the Negative Nancys?

You should probably learn how the cap works before talking down to other people about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad