Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Blue Jackets - 5-4 (OT) (Boeser x3, Petey x2) | DOWN WITH THE PGT!

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
No PGT?

I'll post my thoughts here then:

We are the #1 team in the league for a reason.

And that's because of our high-powered offense.

A 3-goal deficit? We erased that in under 8 minutes.

Great to see Boeser leading the charge because usually he's secondary to Miller or Pettersson, but tonight he was the best forward.

Great 5-min PK as well.

Really felt like once the Canucks took over in the first two minutes of the third, the young CBJ team had no answer. They even looked shook on their 5-min PP.
Rabbit deserved to have his post seen

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Canucks snatching the win away from Columbus like
IMG_3552.gif

Also,

Brock Boeser

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Bros, this January has been insane. We haven't lost in regulation since January 4. Our next game is February 6.

If the Oilers literally win 20 games in a row they'd still be behind us. We need to really appreciate how awesome this month was. 10-1-2 including a 7-game road trip

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Thoughts on the game -

Different parts to this one. Great start, deflating middle, and a huge surge to come back. Our top players were huge in the third. Boeser hitting 30 has been a long time coming - so happy for him. Hughes continues to just dominate possession. Miller and Petey were buzzing every shift.

Demko had a rough night. Some good - and key - saves mixed in, but his team bailed him out today.

That referee sequence was absolutely bonkers. Pretty sure they violated the NHL rule book with what they did there. IMO it was a minor penalty on Myers. But calling 5 and a game on a guy, and then deciding to scrap that and call a 5 and a game on a different guy? Comedy hour.

Nice to get out of this one with the win and no injuries. And no big celly for Merzlikins this time. :p:

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
some great quotes from the oilers board

"Vancouver finally showing themselves to be the PDO frauds everyone knew they were."
- posting this after 1 bad game out of 50 is hilarious and the same mentality as some of you here in the GDT

"Honestly not as impressed with Vancouver as others seem to be. Seems like a team that will crumble in the playoffs."
- posting this after the canucks made it 3-4

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
it was a good game.

that myers call was hilarious. there was no mistaken identity. they had two penalties there, both 2 minutes, but couldn't do that on a major review. they should have just downgraded cole to a minor, but i guess they felt somebody had to get a major.

Reactions: Indiana

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Really felt like this was finally the game they let us down. 4-1 going into the third after missing so many chances in the 1st to make it a game...but man is this team clutch.

They just turn it on and win its crazy. Demko had a bad 2nd but stopped everything in the 3rd when we needed it and our depth dominated that 5 mins PK. Really reminds me of 2011 where we'd screw around in the 2nd then blow teams away in the third.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
On the major to Myers, I'm convinced the refs didn't see anything but called a major based on a guess that something might have happened.

It made me think of all the missed calls against Garland that would sometimes injure him but was not seen. It would seem like the refs can whistle for a major on suspicion alone.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad