Post-Game Talk: Can't win them all, Jets lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
we were good in the first 2 periods up until we gave up the shg and did nothing with the 5on 3

Calgary had to break out of their seven-game losing skid somehow. Calgary was playing desperate, but they didn't even look that good tonight. They played well defensively, and took advantage of the Jets defensive miscues, but they didn't generate anything significant by themselves. They still are a bad team.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Calgary had to break out of their seven-game losing skid somehow. Calgary was playing desperate, but they didn't even look that good tonight. They played well defensively, and took advantage of the Jets defensive miscues, but they didn't generate anything significant by themselves. They still are a bad team.
ok.. what does that have to do with our terrible powerplay killing our momentum?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Well, it’s never fun to lose to the Flames,

But fwiw I enjoyed joining you all for hockey fellowship.

View attachment 607340

ps. Thinking of you and your family @Aggie204
You need to quit your full time job, as we need you full time on these boards. Your much too talented to work an ordinary job. :nod:

None

Feb 22, 2012
After Seattle tomorrow the schedule gets a little more busy. Gonna have to sort out the powerplay before then because Colorado and Minnesota are starting to win games they probably haven't entirely deserved just like the Jets on their West coast trip.

The Jets built a small cushion to work out some of the issues but that cushion could disappear pretty quickly if the PP isn't resolved.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I hope we see better positional plays through the NZ tomorrow..Already clenching if we don’t see Helly in net or at very least, the best from Rittich..
I didn’t feel the energy and speed tonight, except from Lows, Connor and Flowby. Morrissey was alright and Pionk was Pionk.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, NZ play is just lacking. I don't mind dumping the puck in when it's working but when it's not it's just a weak change in possession. Not that the Jets have been good at carrying the puck in either but I think it's pretty clear at this point the coaches want more dump ins and less carry-ins.

Yeah it's clear that it's dump unuless you have a clear lane to enter with control. I personally don't think it's a great for this team when playing against teams like Calgary that are good against the forecheck.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
ok.. what does that have to do with our terrible powerplay killing our momentum?

Calgary took advantage of a defensive miscue, scored a short-handed goal, then locked it down. I'm not entirely sure what you're arguing here. You need two teams to play a game. Maybe it's less about the anemic power play killing momentum, and more about Calgary Flames locking it down for the entire third period. Blame the Jets for not generating enough through the neutral zone to break through the trap.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Sens apparently were here scouting the Jets. Gotta think they look at an rhd... pionk actually makes sense... Heinola don't as he's not playing on the Jets

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'll say this tho... if refs called some earlier penalties maybe it's a different game. Maybe it's not but I'd think this type of reffing would get frustrating after a while

Reactions: Jets 31

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
PP needs to be better - much better. Not a lot of speed entering the zone - easy pickings for any team that knows how to line up on the blueline.

Some dumb stuff going on out there tonight - Perfetti and PLD with really dumb penalties.
Probably an eye opener for Cole - he is going to be a target some nights and he has to keep his cool after taking a hit. He had a rough night with one on one battles.

KC looks like he's a bit frustrated - taking low percentage shots from up high is not what makes this player effective. Caused more than one turnover tonight - he needs to be better.
Scheif does not know how to back check - and it's really not all that difficult.
That's all I have to complain about

They easily could have won this one - had their opportunities.
Bottom 6 looks good to me - I thought they limited chances against and although they don't score a lot, they don't lose games either.
Can't win 'em all - on to the coast.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I am not going to trash Mark Scheifele after this game but it's pretty clear who the guy wearing the goat horns is after tonight's loss, with a big -3 in his statline, and my fantasy hockey team's too. That wasn't a good enough effort from one of our leaders and I'm sure the coaches will try to get him back on track tomorrow night.

I think that the power line that Bowness tried in practice was impossible tonight, as the Flames depth at centre is good, and it was on display. I don't think this would have been a good game to play Wheeler in the middle, as he looked a little slow out there, maybe there is an injury nagging him, or time has become his enemy.

For a game plan the Flames played exactly the way I expected them too. Physical. I think the hits they made and didn't make affected the Jets performance as the puck may have been moved a little quicker and off target because of them. Big credit to Adam Lowry and Dubois for matching the physicality in the game.

One area that I would like to emphasize as a positive tonight is the PK. For many years fans have clamoured for a PK that is more aggressive on the puck, and we're seeing it. A couple of good chances missed on the PK, that might have turned the game in the Jets favour, whereas former Jet Trevor Lewis gets to be the hero of the day for his work on the PK.

Tomorrow is an important game. A two game losing streak puts the Jets back into the murky middle, and that's the area you want to avoid. Wouldn't be surprised if Hellebuyck got the start again, as I think it's an important game in the schedule, and there is a break coming after it.

I think this is the kind of loss that underlines how important Nik Ehlers is to the lineup, on a night where the team maybe needed a little more speed, to attack, for a spark.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
When talking about the 2nd pairing:

Screenshot_20221113-001655_YouTube.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad