Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Saarela to ELC

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Pretty sure it could be explained by the injuries in net (and elsewhere).

Yep, And a defense that included Sanguinetti, McBain, Corvo, Marc-Andre Bergeron and Jay Harrison, sometimes all at once! (due to the aforementioned injuries)

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Yep, And a defense that included Sanguinetti, McBain, Corvo, Marc-Andre Bergeron and Jay Harrison, sometimes all at once! (due to the aforementioned injuries)

I was going to say, that might ha e been the most explainable collapse of all time. Like everyone and their mother saw it coming from a mile away.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Is there any chance that he plays in finland next season?

No. He's used to having 8+ M salary now, and even it's gonna drop now there's no team in Finland that can outbid NYR.

But regarding Saarela, the thread on prospects forum had some talk about that. The HS article about him gave airs of him being quite America/AHL bound though.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Isn`t this thread about Saarela? ;)

Sorry, I just had to. :)

There is a quote allegedly by Saarela that it's either up with the Canes or otherwise in Lukko for him for the next season, no middle road. But the HS article has his talk about AHL like it's a possibility so...

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I'm 5'8", and I've been in close proximity to him (Raleigh, All Star) and by eye balling it, he was definitely shorter than me. I remember my wife even saying "hey that guys shorter than you!" I'd guess 5'7".

I met him at the all star game too. I was thinking the same thing, as I'm 5'8. I thought, "If the NHL lists him at 5'9, I'm definitely 6'."

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Barbecue

3365726434_6459767e79.jpg

w/slaw

BW2D12_Pulled_Pork-Barbecue_s4x3.jpg.rend.sniipadlarge.jpeg

Not to be confused w/grillin'

barbecue-005.jpg

Here endeth the lesson....

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I withdraw everything. It's rilling we do, every once pronounced appropriate by personages associated with the Finnish hockey association.

I apologize for any undue duress caused by my faulty choice of term and wish to congratulate NotOpie for his obviously advanced understanding of the culture of mine and the soon-to-come new players.

Please don't cry, anyone.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I like eastern carolina barbeque and I like coleslaw but I've never understood why people have to put the coleslaw ON the sandwich. Reminds me of my mom's hometown, Pittsburgh (I proudly hate the Pens FYI), where they put fries on a burger. Why?! I swear everytime I post on this board I end up hungry too.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I like eastern carolina barbeque and I like coleslaw but I've never understood why people have to put the coleslaw ON the sandwich. Reminds me of my mom's hometown, Pittsburgh (I proudly hate the Pens FYI), where they put fries on a burger. Why?! I swear everytime I post on this board I end up hungry too.

I'm assuming you're referencing a Primanti's sandwich? The official history is that the warehouse workers in the Strip District wanted a complete meal they could eat one-handed, thus putting the fries on the sandwich and it is delicious. With all the displaced Pittsburghers we've got down here anybody who either opens a Primanti's franchise or a Primanti's knock-off is bound to make a mint. Hmm....

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006

Similar to the Italian hot dogs I grew up eating in NJ...home fries made with Italian spices piled on your hot dog. GOOD :nod:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm assuming you're referencing a Primanti's sandwich? The official history is that the warehouse workers in the Strip District wanted a complete meal they could eat one-handed, thus putting the fries on the sandwich and it is delicious. With all the displaced Pittsburghers we've got down here anybody who either opens a Primanti's franchise or a Primanti's knock-off is bound to make a mint. Hmm....

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Fries on a burger, slaw on a barbecue sandwich, and chips on a sandwich are all allowed.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Fries on a burger, slaw on a barbecue sandwich, and chips on a sandwich are all allowed.

I was super hungover at a Denny's once for breakfast and invented the patent pending "Breakfast Burger" to help alleviate the symptoms.

Basically was a cheese burger with bacon, shredded hash browns and a fried egg on it, and i replaced the bun with two pancakes.

Probably was not healthy, but it was amazing.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

This... was a bad night for me to forget to back my lunch for the work.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I was super hungover at a Denny's once for breakfast and invented the patent pending "Breakfast Burger" to help alleviate the symptoms.

Basically was a cheese burger with bacon, shredded hash browns and a fried egg on it, and i replaced the bun with two pancakes.

Probably was not healthy, but it was amazing.

I think that's technically pyttipanna wrapped in a pancake. A pyttipancake. Mere thought has my arteries scream in pain and delight.

For my pyttipanna I though fry the eggs right there into the mix with the pieces of pre-cooked potatoes and sausage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad