Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Saarela to ELC

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
General consensus around here is that both Eric and the organization have said their final goodbyes already, and neither would benefit from a reunion tour.

Personally I could kind of see him coming back at the very end, like Messier to the Rangers. But for now the timing is all wrong. Both sides need to move on.

Yeah I thought this was the case actually unless he came back on the canes terms and not his. Your better off you don't wanna see players you love like that look so fragile. Staal looks slower at 31 or 32 whatever he is than Messier did at 39,40. You guys will be competing as soon as next year IMO if you can get a solid goalie. The D corps is top 3,top 5 of the better group of young mobile dmen. A lot of versatility I see there. Manifin <3.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Rumor confirmed. If anybody has $1.85M just laying around, all 7,759 sq. ft of the Staal home can be yours. Dave, I vote you, me, THH, and Bleed pitch in and make this the official HFCanes HQ. It'd only be fitting. Plus, check out that wine cellar.

I probably should have just searched that. I stand corrected and I guess that probably seals it in terms of him not returning.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
So from 2015: Hanifin, Aho, Saarela (from NYR), and Roy all signed to ELCs.

Is he done now? Any chance there's another one or two to come?

Looks like Ron's work here is just about finnished.

I'll show myself out.

I chuckled...

whoever we draft at #13

Mike McLeod....come on down.

I probably should have just searched that. I stand corrected and I guess that probably seals it in terms of him not returning.

Yeah, I didn't get that this was a happy circumstance all the way around.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
He's selling it for $100 dollars less than he bought it. That's pretty funny.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
As bad as Staal is now,WTF happened to Cam Ward? 10 years ago the thought was Ward and Henrik will be the 2 best for the next generation. Thats one guy you can't bring back, he's lucky if hell find a backup job.

Bad backups caused him to play like 65 games a year. He played something like 23 straight games our playoff run in 2009. That's gotta wear a guy down.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Cam has not ever been in the best of positions, he's gotten hung out to dry and asked to stand on his head way more often than is reasonable.

Another thing is, and I think this is fair to say, he was probably never as good as his hype. I liken him to Bill Ranford a little bit, he's a guy who can play an awful lot of games but otherwise is no great shakes for the regular season, but can elevate his game for the playoffs. Impossible to prove since it's such a small sample size though. It's certainly not his fault that the team in front of him stagnated for so many years; it would've been nice to see what he had done with 2-3 more playoff runs.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Are we going to see Skins and Finns v2.0 eventually?

Rumor confirmed. If anybody has $1.85M just laying around, all 7,759 sq. ft of the Staal home can be yours. Dave, I vote you, me, THH, and Bleed pitch in and make this the official HFCanes HQ. It'd only be fitting. Plus, check out that wine cellar.

I mean, I realize a $1.85M house is always going to be incredible, but that thing checks all my boxes. Kinda thought he'd at least retire here eventually (not necessarily with the team), guess the ties weren't that strong.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
86737-revenge-of-the-nerds-gif-rAIM.gif

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well that's clearly me in the red vest in front, Dave in the yellow, and CI in the leopard print....who'd that be behind us in the Elvis get-up?

Must be one of them sightings.

Makes sense too, with all the A-Honka Honka Burning Love goin' on.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Doesn't that like reflect really badly on a player when the fans of the team dip in to buy him out of the town?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
$350,000? Great, just $1.5M to go.

Nope, not $350,000. Tree fiddy.

Unless, of course, I can talk my wife into selling our house and moving in with all you guys. :sarcasm:

Doesn't that like reflect really badly on a player when the fans of the team dip in to buy him out of the town?

Nah, I'd say it means we think he has really good taste. And we want bragging rights. And that patio.

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

Yeah, I heard it was on the market, didn't have verifiable link, but a friend who might be as someone who tracks flights to QC seen it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00