Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Since November Andersen has been channeling Prime Roy

The skaters picked him up in October but he's carried this team since then

No one disputed that. I disputed that Andersen is the only reason we have as many points as we do. The team went 6-1 to start the year and Andersen couldnt stop a beach ball. The offense bailed him out.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
They really need to win this one to break this mini losing streak and then continue to play strong in order to avoid any further set backs

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We bout to blow up son!!! And we bout that!

The best offensive core in the world, we are a real threat tomorrow even without Matthews. Y'all seen how they doin it. They can if they want to. It's more of an psychological thang. Y'all gots to check yourselfs before y'all wreck y'allselfs. And that's a problemo like schwarzenegger is. Y'all treally has to check y'all selves. Or y'all might get lost like the series lost did or that hanks thang with wilson. That was a problem too. It's christmas soon so gets y'all selves some ho ho ho machineguns so y'all is ready to watch these Willisis and Maple Leafs. Then y'all ain't dropping off off no buildings like Alan Rickman man.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Since November Andersen has been channeling Prime Roy

The skaters picked him up in October but he's carried this team since then

We get beat by "hot" goalies often! Freddy really hasn't stolen any games i can think of this year. He has played like a #1 goalie for a month or so, imo

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
No one disputed that. I disputed that Andersen is the only reason we have as many points as we do. The team went 6-1 to start the year and Andersen couldnt stop a beach ball. The offense bailed him out.

It's been 7 weeks of average to bad play and Andersen had a 950 sv% in November

There is no way in the world were even close to this many points without him stealing games, our advanced stats say we're a bubble team with the highest PDO in the league

We haven't been good for quite some time but Andersen masked it

We get beat by "hot" goalies often! Freddy really hasn't stolen any games i can think of this year. He has played like a #1 goalie for a month or so, imo

Have you not watched the team for the last 7 weeks? He's stolen plenty of games we had no business winning

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Freddie stole the game at home against the Flames, for one.

McElhinney stole the Oilers game.

Game stats:
  • Leafs 44 scoring chances to the flames 33, all situations
  • Leafs 30 scoring chances to the flames 22, 5-vs-5
maybe he made some clutch saves, i am forgetting about. Mcbackup played like a champ in that game!

Reactions: Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Game stats:
  • Leafs 44 scoring chances to the flames 33, all situations
  • Leafs 30 scoring chances to the flames 22, 5-vs-5
maybe he made some clutch saves, i am forgetting about. Mcbackup played like a champ in that game!

It didn't look like that live. Didn't he make 47 saves in that game?

I mean, stats don't lie, but man it didn't look good.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
It didn't look like that live. Didn't he make 47 saves in that game?

I mean, stats don't lie, but man it didn't look good.
The shot attempts were 77 ~ 74 in the Flames favor, all situations: Leafs give up a ton of low danger shots during a game. They like to collaspe 4 guys down low and leave the points open, teams have no choice but to pass it to the points ... lots of incoming Cf% from the blue line.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
tell me a game and I will check out the game stats to help refresh my memory, you could be right?

Leafs Wild 8/11
Leafs Bruins 11/11 McBackup
Leafs Hurricanes 24/11
Leafs Penguins 9/12
Leafs Oilers 10/12 McBackup

We've got the highest PDO in the entire league at 1.024 as well

Don't start **** in the prediction thread, you want to call me a "non fan" do it out here

Last edited:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Leafs Wild 8/11
Leafs Bruins 11/11 McBackup
Leafs Hurricanes 24/11
Leafs Penguins 9/12
Leafs Oilers 10/12 McBackup

We've got the highest PDO in the entire league at 1.024 as well

Don't start **** in the prediction thread, you want to call me a "non fan" do it out here

Dont be such a drama queen, smh lol

Leafs Hurricanes 24/11
  • Leafs were crushed in this game
Leafs Penguins 9/12
  • Leafs had 14~12 HDCF 53.85% all situations
  • Leafs had 14~6 HDCF 70% 5-vs-5
Matthews even strength PDO is 105.3 ...

Im not going to critic Mcbackup, poor guy lol

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Dont be such a drama queen, smh lol

Leafs Hurricanes 24/11
  • Leafs were crushed in this game
Leafs Penguins 9/12
  • Leafs had 14~12 HDCF 53.85% all situations
  • Leafs had 14~6 HDCF 70% 5-vs-5
Matthews even strength PDO is 105.3 ...

Im not going to critic Mcbackup, poor guy lol

If you want to start **** do it in the right place

The entire team PDO is 1.024, it's the highest in the league and you'd have to be certifiably insane to think that we're not going to regress off our current points projections, Matthews regressed back towards the mean when he came back and his PDO is still insanely high

The Leafs got completely dominated by the Penguins in the third and Matthews and Kadri got curb stomped, how anybody can come out of that game and think that is in any way a good sustainable performance is beyond me

We basically haven't done anything in the last 3 games and we're still leading the league in PDO but you still think our earlier play is sustainable?

Good luck with that

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
If you want to start **** do it in the right place

The entire team PDO is 1.024, it's the highest in the league and you'd have to be certifiably insane to think that we're not going to regress off our current points projections, Matthews regressed back towards the mean when he came back and his PDO is still insanely high

The Leafs got completely dominated by the Penguins in the third and Matthews and Kadri got curb stomped, how anybody can come out of that game and think that is in any way a good sustainable performance is beyond me

We basically haven't done anything in the last 3 games and we're still leading the league in PDO but you still think our earlier play is sustainable?

Good luck with that

So your telling me this team is getting lucky and is overachieving,.. does Babcock gets credit for that?

You expect Matthews game to continue to regress this season according to his PDO?

I put up stats to the Pens game, sid may have won the low danger cf battle against Matthews but the Leafs won the high danger cf battle and the 2 pts.

We have played with Willie/Mitch/Leo struggling offensively too.

Doesn't something seem flawed to you?

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
So your telling me this team is getting lucky and is overachieving,.. does Babcock gets credit for that?

You expect Matthews game to continue to regress this season according to his PDO?

I put up stats to the Pens game, sid may have won the low danger cf battle against Matthews but the Leafs won the high danger cf battle and the 2 pts.

We have played with Willie/Mitch/Leo struggling offensively too.

Doesn't something seem flawed to you?

Just gonna chime in and say you’re wrong in general, not specifically about this post. Andersen has stolen us games and we are overachieving points wise.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Lines at practice today as per Kristen Shilton:

Komarov - Kadri - Brown
Marleau - Nylander - Hyman
JVR - Bozak - Marner
Martin - Moore - Kapanen
Leivo

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Carrick
Borgman - Polak
Marincin

Trying out Hyman on the right side today for maybe the first time in his career? Decent lineup though, I would switch Kappy and Hyman.

Agreed. If Hyman and Kapanen were switched, this would actually be pretty good.

I think it's obvious that Hyman belongs on the 4th line. I just think that by putting him on the 4th line in the first year of his contract, it will be obvious that they made a mistake with his contract. $2.25 x 4 is too much for a 4th liner, especially when we have a ton of guys on the Marlies who could do that for cheaper. Probably the same reason they don't want to put Martin on the bench and admit that we paid $2.5 x 4 or a guy who probably shouldn't even play unless it's going to be a really rough game.

Positives about the new lines:

The Kadri line from last year is reunited! I thought that it was the most successful line combo from last year and I was surprised to see it broken up. I think that Kadri and Brown are excellent together and should be a permanent pair.

Nylander playing center and Nylander playing with Marleau.

Negatives:

Hyman in the top 6

Bozak line still bad defensively (though they've started to look a bit better recently).

Kapanen on the 4th line.

No Leivo

No Dermott

Reactions: ToMaLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad