Pre-Game Talk: Canes@Leafs, Tuesday Dec.19th, 2 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Just gonna chime in and say you’re wrong in general, not specifically about this post. Andersen has stolen us games and we are overachieving points wise.

I thought we had a chance to win the division or a win a wild card this season.

The top 5 PDO teams 5-vs-5, so far this season
  1. Tampa
  2. Leafs
  3. Kings
  4. Caps
  5. Devils
The top 5 PDO teams all situations so far this season
  1. Tampa
  2. Preds
  3. Kings
  4. Leafs
  5. Jets

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
So your telling me this team is getting lucky and is overachieving,.. does Babcock gets credit for that?

You expect Matthews game to continue to regress this season according to his PDO?

I put up stats to the Pens game, sid may have won the low danger cf battle against Matthews but the Leafs won the high danger cf battle and the 2 pts.

We have played with Willie/Mitch/Leo struggling offensively too.

Doesn't something seem flawed to you?

If you want to hand out credit for the last month and a half it should go to the goalies coach, getting filled in for a month and a half probably wasn't Babcocks game plan, at least I hope it's not

If your asking if Matthews is going to put up pre injury numbers consistently, no he's not, that was over a small sample size and that's unsustainable over a season now days, this isn't the 80's

The Leafs spent the entire 3rd period against the Penguins in there own zone and both our top 2 centers got eaten alive, if you think that's a solid plan best of luck to you

Why are you only using 3 players? When we were scoring earlier our sh% was high then we got 950sv% goaltending out of Andersen, both have come back to earth and we're losing games again

What a shocking turn of events

Were a bubble team in a weak division so we're probably going to play Boston in the first round of the playoffs as the #3 cede in the Atlantic

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If you want to hand out credit for the last month and a half it should go to the goalies coach, getting filled in for a month and a half probably wasn't Babcocks game plan, at least I hope it's not

If your asking if Matthews is going to put up pre injury numbers consistently, no he's not, that was over a small sample size and that's unsustainable over a season now days, this isn't the 80's

The Leafs spent the entire 3rd period against the Penguins in there own zone and both our top 2 centers got eaten alive, if you think that's a solid plan best of luck to you

Why are you only using 3 players? When we were scoring earlier our sh% was high then we got 950sv% goaltending out of Andersen, both have come back to earth and we're losing games again

Were a bubble team in a weak division so we're probably going to play Boston in the first round of the playoffs as the #3 cede in the Atlantic

It's kind of funny. Last year nearly everything went right and the Leafs just got into the playoffs. This season has a lot more bumps in the road but they're still ahead of where they were last year. They have the chance to stay ahead of the bubble and have a lot of room for improvement.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

Untitled.jpg

The above stats show the team has played well since Nov 1, we have struggled in the last few, stop following the puck and observe is all i can say?

You are saying Matthews is going to regress from a PPG player?

You talk about small sample size and then ramble on about the Pens dominating the 3rd period trying to chase down our lead, think about this.

You are claiming we are greatly overachieving, I said Willie,Mitch, Leo are slumping offensively.

hope all this quoting worked, i may have messed it up lol

added: are you a Canadian living in NZ?

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's kind of funny. Last year nearly everything went right and the Leafs just got into the playoffs. This season has a lot more bumps in the road but they're still ahead of where they were last year. They have the chance to stay ahead of the bubble and have a lot of room for improvement.

We certainly didn't get hit with injuries last year, especially to important players like Matthews and now the Zaitsev injury which looks like it's going to be weeks not days

We're definitely better but our division is brutal, besides Tampa and Boston has any other team looked even remotely competent? Montreal and Ottawa have absolutely cratered and the rest just suck

I honestly don't know how we don't finish at least 3rd in the Atlantic, 1st looks highly unlikely, if we were in the Metro we'd be in the fight of our lives to make it but we're not thankfully

View attachment 88787

The above stats show the team has played well since Nov 1, we have struggled in the last few, stop following the puck and observe is all i can say?

We scored some timely goals and Andersen was running a 950sv%

Our numbers dropped off significantly after our hot start and we were due some regression when Andersen cooled off

It happens

You are saying Matthews is going to regress from a PPG player?

He was well above a PPG before he got hurt, he was always going to struggle to keep that up once the league tightened up, even if he goes PPG he will have regressed off his early pace

You talk about small sample size and then ramble on about the Pens dominating the 3rd period trying to chase down our lead, think about this.

I also gave you plenty of other examples

The Pens game was a symptom of one of our major issues, jump to an early lead and get pounded for the rest of the game while Andersen faced 40+ shots

That was never sustainable, Andersen couldnt keep playing like that and at some point our scoring was going to cool off

You are claiming we are greatly overachieving, I said Willie,Mitch, Leo are slumping offensively.

hope all this quoting worked, i may have messed it up lol

The teams sh% was to high to be sustainable early, those three haven't been good but the rest of the team was more than carrying them, Brown was rolling a 35sh% or something crazy early on, it was always going to come back to earth and those three are still struggling with no Matthews

Our offense isn't as bad as the last three games and it's not the first month of the season good either if you look at averages

added: are you a Canadian living in NZ?
Kiwi

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Hey guys, couldn't find a dedicated Marleau thread so I figured I would post here. Just wondering how he is working out for you so far? The numbers look pretty good.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Yay Willy at center with Marleau AND Hyman plays on his proper wing? My goodness Babs making some find decisions it seems ;)

I think someone on that line scores tomorrow.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m nervous about this game. Is it me, or do the Leafs play Carolina in the middle of slump every year?

It’s going to be a tough week, got to get points in this game.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So, an afternoon game.....against the Canes....without Matthews? Ya, this should go well....

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
An afternoon game. No Auston Matthews. Toronto Maple Leaf Day. Toronto Maple Leaf Day ceremonies. What, me worry?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Leafs start a 5 game road trip starting tomorrow against Columbus (coming off a 7-2 loss the the Bruins last light). We need these two points.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I’m nervous about this game. Is it me, or do the Leafs play Carolina in the middle of slump every year?

It’s going to be a tough week, got to get points in this game.
Midweek afternoon game against the Canes with a big pre-game ceremony. What could possibly go wrong?:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->