Pre-Game Talk: Canes @ Leafs, Thursday Oct 26th at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Was he calling out Leivo or Fehr? Fehr made some disgruntled comments and then ended up on waivers. My feeling is it's Fehr not Leivo that he's referring to.

Also in a another video he said Leivo, Kapanen and Soshnikov are all NHL players right now.

Mirtle said it was not about Leivo. He had only good things to say about him and Leivo has been very upbeat and positive about his situation.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
what are y'all talking about?

Babcock had a quote earlier today basically calling out some players that were previously here that whined about not getting played.......only to go somewhere else and find out they're not NHL'ers

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Babcock had a quote earlier today basically calling out some players that were previously here that whined about not getting played.......only to go somewhere else and find out they're not NHL'ers

ohoo
so probably Corrado, Michalek, etc.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
corrado was the 1st to spring to mind with those comments, he complained a couple of times and isn't an NHL player once he got his trade. Cowen complained after his buyout but I don't remember anything before that.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I highly doubt it was about fehr, he is still with the team and up until yesterday was on the 4C role on rotation basis I cant believe babs just turned on him today. Its about Corrado, Cowen or Michalek. Most likely Corrado he was the only one who didn't get to play anywhere

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Normally maintenance days doesn't change the lines. Like someone mentioned, Leivo would have been put on the Bozak line as a place holder.

Looks to me like JVR is out for at least the next game. Could be a game time decision and this is just to prepare for that.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I highly doubt it was about fehr, he is still with the team and up until yesterday was on the 4C role on rotation basis I cant believe babs just turned on him today. Its about Corrado, Cowen or Michalek. Most likely Corrado he was the only one who didn't get to play anywhere

Holland also comes to mind

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He didn't make the cut and was sent to Montreal's AHL team.
Not very good considering Montreal's current C depth situation.

thanks y'all.
actually, yah. if you can't be a centre in Montreal....

but basically, considering everyone who grumbled grumbled, maybe you can argue Laich but basically Babcock is right.. you whine about not being able to play then you go somewhere else and you're not in the NHL either.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
thanks y'all.
actually, yah. if you can't be a centre in Montreal....

but basically, considering everyone who grumbled grumbled, maybe you can argue Laich but basically Babcock is right.. you whine about not being able to play then you go somewhere else and you're not in the NHL either.

He was waived and cleared the waivers and was sent down to AHL team, basically there were no takers

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Can't link because at work, but check Mirtle's twitter:

"Babcock: "We've had players in the past that were disgruntled and then they went elsewhere and found out they weren't NHL players"

"To be clear: Leivo isn't disgruntled. In fact just the opposite. Terrific Attitude in a tough situation"

I believe the 2nd quote is Mirtle's own commentary, rather than a quote from Babcock, but it wasn't clear to me.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
The Canes have solid defence... they'll spend the whole game Slavin away as they try to shut down our top line

The Jooris' still out on whether they'll be successful

Reactions: Pi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: